Reacties

emmrecs schreef op 24.11.2021 om 15:21 uur

@Philip-J

MM version 30 is MM 2022 so if you install this offered patch you will then be running MM 2022 Free Edition, though you should also still be able to access anything and everything you currently have in MM 2021 Premium Edition. Clearly, you will not have any of the new features which came with MM 2022 Premium.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 schreef op 24.11.2021 om 15:21 uur

@Philip-J

Hi,

Music Maker is free. You pay for Editions, not Versions of the program. You can upgrade, for free, to MM2022, log in, and you will see that you have MM Premium Edition 2021 activated. Go to Downloads and download and install anything that is there. You will have everything that you had before and more.

Check the comparison table. Anything that is listed as New and checked under Free, you will get. Anything that is New but not checked under Free, you won't get (unless you already had it). For example, you get the new Song Maker, but you don't get Song Maker AI unless you purchase the Premium Edition 2022. You get Beatbox but not Beatbox Pro unless you purchase the Plus or Premium Edition 2022. There is no necessity to purchase Premium Edition 2022 to use MM2022, unless you want the New features (any that are not included with the Free Edition) and more Soundpools and Instruments

There have been some complaints about MM2022 crashing without warning. Magix is aware of this but it is difficult to track down the cause. The latest version, 39.0.3.39 seems to be stable, at least for me. So, you are forewarned.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Philip-J schreef op 25.11.2021 om 00:06 uur

Thank you both. I have downloaded and installed the patch. MM2022 Free recognizes in the Activated Content window that I have MM Premium 2021. I believe I still have all the functionality of MM Premium 2021. I will know for sure perhaps on Saturday when I work more with the program.

The version I was running before installing the patch also sometimes crashed without warning. Thank you for advising me that MM2022 Free could crash also.

browj2 schreef op 25.11.2021 om 01:20 uur

@Philip-J

Hi,

Glad you got it up and running.

I made a mistake in my last post. The latest version is 30.0.3.39, not 39.0.3.39. I got ahead of myself.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Philip-J schreef op 25.11.2021 om 14:06 uur

I did get it up and running but will say that it was not easy. Many times when I tried to position the Loops window where I wanted it, the scrolling within the window was impossibly slow. Clicking on an instrument, Drums for example, there would be a 5 second delay before the drum samples were displayed. Clicking on a sample would be another few seconds before the sample played. Trying to scroll through my list of installed Soundpools was slow too. The scroll bar would not drag until I pulled for a few seconds, and the scroll wheel would not scroll down the list until seconds had passed. Finally in the last position I tried for the Loops window, scrolling is back to normal. Another problem is when I open the Mixer window, when I close it again, the Loops window is repositioned and I have to move it back to where I want it. Another problem is the keyboard shortcuts /*-+ no longer work on the current sample. I think the problem is with the new Docking feature, and that some programmer accidentally removed the keyboard shortcuts. Please notify the software programmers and ask them to fix the problems. I will try to work more with the program on Saturday and Sunday and may see more problems then.

I have the email offer to upgrade to Music Maker Premium Edition 2022 and am not sure I will if it is going to have these types of problems.

Philip-J schreef op 27.11.2021 om 14:01 uur

The Loops window is also moved when the Object Effects window is opened. I then have to move the Loops window back to where I want it. Your latest email ad says "With the new customizable design, you can freely move all the modules to create your own personal workflow." What's the point of that if you are going to move the windows? You should leave the windows alone once the user has positioned them. Opening a window should not affect other windows.

There can be a long delay before a project is loaded when MM 2022 Free is launched by clicking on the project name in the Microsoft Windows Recent Files list. There is some problem in the program that causes slow downs. See my comment above where I mentioned the scrolling difficulty.

emmrecs schreef op 27.11.2021 om 14:45 uur

@Philip-J

Please remember these are user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and the latest email is not ours!.

If there are matters which you want to raise a Support ticket for, please go to this page to begin the process.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Philip-J schreef op 27.11.2021 om 18:54 uur

Thank you, I have now bookmarked the Support ticket page.