How to avoid black borders with sections?

Kokkiem schreef op 26.02.2011 om 11:10 uur

VD17: I'm using a lot of PIPs (beeld in beeld) with the functionality "section". On a ad hoc basis those pictures with section produces a black border (approx. 2 to 4 pixels). Sometimes only the top, sometimes top and left, sometimes just the bottom, etc. and sometimes it is how it should be: without borders. Does anyone know how to avoid and get rid of those annoying borders? Thanks in advance!

Reacties

Polders schreef op 26.02.2011 om 15:55 uur

Dear Kokkiem, may be a more simple way is to place the picture for PIP on the 3rd row. Click/select the picture, go to Video Effects, Motion Effect, Position Size and resize by slding the orange corners in the monitor and replace picture.

Time and other effects as usual by A/B function

Success

Kokkiem schreef op 26.02.2011 om 20:01 uur

Oops, sorry, got mixed up... I meant PIP's done with position/size. Those are giving black borders on an adhoc basis. I tried to use section to get rid of it. Without success. Any help appreciated!

Polders schreef op 27.02.2011 om 11:07 uur

Dear Kokkiem, plse check dimensions PIP's and your movie settings.

Example:

- 4:3 pictures have borders at both sides in a movie 16:9

- 16:9 pictures have borders at both top and bottom in a movie 4:3

Same size of pictures and film are without borders

Succes

Kokkiem schreef op 27.02.2011 om 13:22 uur

Thanks Polders. I indeed thought that you found the reason. But after further investigation, that's unfortunately, not the case. My movie is 16:9, most of my pictures also, some are 4:3. Also the 16:9 PIP's in the 16:9 movie has (a left and top) border. What is weird, though, that they come an go on an ad-hoc basis as well. In the beginning I didn't have those borders at all. They appeared later on some of the PIP's, but not all...