Hotfix: GUI problems with soundpool loop table after update 31.0.1.13

ralftaro schreef op 07.10.2022 om 11:50 uur

There is a known issue in Music Maker update 31.0.1.13, due to improper default values being used, that will result in the incorrect display of the graphical table showing the actual loops within Music Maker's soundpool manager. The column with the loop name and waveform will typically be too narrow, but without the possibility to manipulate the width, resulting in the truncated display of loop names and missing display of the waveform. It will likely look something like this:

The problem has already been successfully analysed and fixed by our developers, and this fix will be included in the next official patch. For the time being, you can address the issue as follows:

Download the fixed replacement file "resource.rcc" from the following link:

https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/Q3nUqhxh

User your (Windows) file explorer to browse to the following sub folder of the Music Maker installation folder on your hard drive:

C:\Program Files\MAGIX\Music Maker\31\qml

(Location/drive may differ if you chose to customise your Music Maker installation.)

Replace the copy of the "resource.rcc" file found in that location with the downloaded/fixed copy (while Music Maker is not running). Then, start up Music Maker again.  The loop view in the "Loops" tab should now be displayed correctly with full name and waveform.

Reacties

Harmen schreef op 09.11.2022 om 22:41 uur

I have replaced the file as per the instructions but unfortunately the problem still persists..... I am using the 64-bit version of the software.

SP. schreef op 09.11.2022 om 23:06 uur

@Harmen Try the following

Edit this file
C:\Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm31\MusicMaker.ini

Find section [LoopsViewColumns] and check if there are very large values for WidthFavouriteSouthdock and WidthFavouriteEastdock. Change the values to something usable, for example WidthFavouriteEastdock=38. Save the file and run Music Maker again.

Harmen schreef op 10.11.2022 om 06:51 uur

@Harmen Try the following

Edit this file
C:\Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm31\MusicMaker.ini

Find section [LoopsViewColumns] and check if there are very large values for WidthFavouriteSouthdock and WidthFavouriteEastdock. Change the values to something usable, for example WidthFavouriteEastdock=38. Save the file and run Music Maker again.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, that doesn't change anything. These are the current values in the ini file:

[LoopsViewColumns]
WidthNameSouthdock=50
WidthNameEastdock=44
WidthBPMSouthdock=0
WidthBPMEastdock=-1
WidthLengthSouthdock=0
WidthLengthEastdock=-1
WidthSoundpoolSouthdock=0
WidthSoundpoolEastdock=-1
WidthTypeSouthdock=1120
WidthTypeEastdock=-1
WidthHarmonySouthdock=0
WidthHarmonyEastdock=-1
WidthFavouriteEastdock=-1
WidthFavouriteSouthdock=32
WidthPreviewEastdock=-1
WidthPreviewSouthdock=113
SortOrderSouthdock=1
SortOrderEastdock=0
OrientationMode=2
SortRoleSouthdock=loopType
SortRoleEastdock=instrumentGroup

And this is the result:

Harmen schreef op 10.11.2022 om 07:01 uur

Problem solved! I noticed this dividing mark/thingy/whateveritiscalled which I didn't have before and now I could drag the column to a wider value:

Me happy 🙂

clency-easterling schreef op 10.11.2022 om 19:11 uur

Have any bugs been reported with mm premium 2023? I’m having issues with marker in the arranger stalling and sometimes disappearing

thanx!

SP. schreef op 11.11.2022 om 00:08 uur

@clency-easterling You can create a support ticket for technical support by clicking on the SUPPORT link at the top menu out this forum page.