Fey Frames

michaelblountemail schreef op 15.10.2014 om 13:36 uur

Hi Everyone

Can you tell me if it is possible to speed up one track in a video with out speeding up the rest of the tracks, I have been trying to do this using keyframe but with no success. I am new to keyframes it seems easy in the manual.

In my video I am trying to overlay a firework display over my main track. I am using a magix effect From Design elements, then Image objects, then Full where the Fireworks effect is. Double clicked it and it takes up 3 short tracks, one black screen track, then the fireworks track, then the soundtrack, I delete the black screen and sound track I don't need them. I keep the Firework track but the track is to short, so I switch the mouse mode to stretching, stretch the track to the end of the video, So far so good. now as I expected the firework effect is slow and not a smooth motion, so what I want ot know is how do I speed up this effect.

If it can be done another way without using keyframes I would like to know. You are so good on here so I hope I have explained this so you understand.

I would appreciate a quick answer

Regards

Michael Blount

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 15.10.2014 om 18:01 uur

Hi Michael,

If I understand you correctly you are using one of the "canned" effects which happens to be fireworks.  Not sure which version you are using but I tried it with Movie Edit Pro MX Premium.  I did not have a fireworks effect so I tried it with a "Snow" effect, and there is no difference in the speed of the effect once it is ungrouped from the video object and stretched.  These effect files last about 5 seconds and then they repeat so that may be what you are noticing.  It may help to mention which version of MEP you are using and others who have experience with that version may know of some quirks or fixes.  I also can't see any reason to use key frames for this type of effect.

George

michaelblountemail schreef op 15.10.2014 om 18:32 uur

I am using MEP 2013 MX

michaelblountemail schreef op 15.10.2014 om 19:07 uur

Hi George

Jus tried it again and it still going a lot slower than the original sized clips.

You say the clips are for five seconds only, well! I'm Stretching that clip so it lasts for 3 minutes so somewhere that's effecting the speed of the clip.

My version of MEP is 2013 MX

Michael

michaelblountemail schreef op 15.10.2014 om 19:39 uur

Hi George

I have a magix MEP Video and now I know why it is slower. If you stretch a clip to the right it gives you slow motion which is what I am getting, if you use the stretch mouse and strink the clip it make the clip faster. but if I srink it it won't be long enough, and even if I made several copies and snapped them together it effects the lighting on the main track

Michael 

emmrecs schreef op 15.10.2014 om 20:54 uur

Hi George

I have a magix MEP Video and now I know why it is slower. If you stretch a clip to the right it gives you slow motion which is what I am getting, if you use the stretch mouse and strink the clip it make the clip faster. but if I srink it it won't be long enough, and even if I made several copies and snapped them together it effects the lighting on the main track

Michael 

Your statement about stretching and/or shrinking the effect clip and what this does to the "play" speed of the effect is exactly what I would expect to see.  After all, you are asking MEP to play the same amount of footage over a longer period of time; it must be "slower".

Assuming that you want the effect of snow to last longer than the five seconds of the effect clip I think your only method is to copy the clip as many times as you need; I don't think there is any video equivalent of a looped audio track, but your comment that several copies doesn't work because "it affects the lighting on the main track" has me puzzled.  Could you explain a little more about what you mean; I don't understand why setting an effect to "repeat" would cause a problem on the main video?  

Or do you mean there is an obvious point where the end of one effect clip and the beginning of the next do not "match"?  When I've met this particular problem before I've managed to "hide" the problem by setting a very short overlap between the clips, thus creating a quite rapid transition so that one "fades into" the other.  This may work for you.

Laatst gewijzigd door emmrecs op 15.10.2014, 20:54, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

michaelblountemail schreef op 15.10.2014 om 22:16 uur

Hi George

You got it! It was where the end point of one clip I thought was flush to the next clip, there was a slight gap even though the snap was on. The slight gap was enough to cause a flicker in the picture to alter the brightness. but like you say if I overlap them slightly it's perfect. I can also stretch them to different lenths but not to much so it looks like the clip is the same speed.

Many thanks George tomorrow is Keyframe day.

Regards

Michael

emmrecs schreef op 15.10.2014 om 22:28 uur

Hi George

You got it! It was where the end point of one clip I thought was flush to the next clip, there was a slight gap even though the snap was on. The slight gap was enough to cause a flicker in the picture to alter the brightness. but like you say if I overlap them slightly it's perfect. I can also stretch them to different lenths but not to much so it looks like the clip is the same speed.

Many thanks George tomorrow is Keyframe day.

Regards

Michael

That suggestion wasn't from George, but you're welcome!  Glad the problem is sorted.

Jeff

Laatst gewijzigd door emmrecs op 15.10.2014, 22:28, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

gandjcarr schreef op 16.10.2014 om 00:05 uur

@emmrecs,

I disagree with your comment, I just created a video using the "snow" effect and stretched out to 3 minutes.  The speed does not change at all in MEP MX Premium.  All I did was grab the left side of the effect after ungrouping it out to the 3 minute point, and there was no change in speed at all, it just kept looping every 5 seconds.  I could post a youtube video to show this.

George

michaelblountemail schreef op 16.10.2014 om 08:42 uur

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your reply.

I told you both that I was using MEP MX actually I made a mistake it is MEP 2014 Premium, sorry about that but I was looking at a previous manual Magix Edit Pro MX. and just to cunfuse you more this week I'm waiting for MEP 2015 Premium, it's 64 Bit.

Anyway thank you all for your help on here.

Regards

Michael

Scenestealer schreef op 16.10.2014 om 11:32 uur

Bit of confusion here because Michael used the Stretch Mouse mode instead of the Standard mouse mode, which is what George was/is suggesting, to extend the looped clip. The former extends the clip by slowing the frame rate and the later just adds more frames at the same fps.

The slight gap even though snap was on Michael, often occurs using Stretch because you can stretch to a random effective frame rate of say 20.123fps and end up with a virtual partial frame in the timeline snap grid. Better to use the Speed effect and make sure some rounded fps is set.

Ss

Laatst gewijzigd door Scenestealer op 16.10.2014, 11:32, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

System Specs: Intel 6th Gen i7 6700K 4Ghz O.C.4.6GHz, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD system disc WD Black 4TB HDD Video Storage, Nvidia GTX1060 OC 6GB, Win10 Pro 2004, MEP2016, 2022 (V21.0.1.92) Premium and prior, VPX7, VPX12 (V18.0.1.85). Microsoft Surface Pro3 i5 4300U 1.9GHz Max 2.6Ghz, HDGraphics 4400, 4GB Ram 128GB SSD + 64GB Strontium Micro SD card, Win 10Pro 2004, MEP2015 Premium.