You have selected a burner that cannot burn DVDs

tcurran wrote on 3/1/2009, 10:17 PM
I created a movie (scrolling through pictures, like a powerpoint presentation) with music.  Now, I want to burn it to a DVD.  I have DVD+RW discs, I have a DVD drive.  Every time I try to burn it and select that drive, I get "you have selected a burner that cannot burn DVDs."  I even tried to burn it to the desktop, I get the same message.  Isn't this program a burner?  I have never made a DVD before, so I don't exactly understand some of this terminology.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

feluraunt wrote on 3/3/2009, 9:08 AM
Is your DVD drive a DVD burner? It has to be a burner to burn discs (it would say on the tray what format DVD disc it supports, there are DVD+R(RW) and DVD-R(RW). If your DVD drive is a burner, and only supports DVD-R then you cannot use a DVD+R media.

I am going to say it is not a DVD burner, but just a DVD drive. Programs like the magix software you have, only have burning software that allows communicaton between the software and burning hardware, the key component is having the hardware, which not all PCs have.