XARA -- Problem printing pages

gary-tayman wrote on 4/23/2019, 6:47 AM

XARA Web Designer Premium 16.1.1.56358.

I'm still in the learning curve, although I've been "replacing" pages on my website, and the results so far are looking great!

However I just discovered something really strange; please help me out here.  My business works with upgrading radios from collector cars.  One page I'm working on is a simple order form, for customers to print, fill out, and ship with the radio.  If I print the page using Chrome, I get a whopping 3 inch margin on the left, and it cuts off on the right!  With Microsoft Explorer or Edge, Page 1 is blank, it prints page 2 or 3, and also cuts off.  Firefox I can't even find the print option -- wow, I guess I'm stupid.

Just for fun I tried printing the other pages I made.  Chrome also gives me that huge left margin, and Explorer/Edge mixes up the text and graphics and spreads them out over 5-6 pages!

My "old" pages were made with SharePoint, Dreamweaver, or others; they look primitive in comparison to my new pages but they print fine.  What am I missing here?

If you want to look at the pages yourself, the site is Garytayman.com.  The XARA-designed pages are the Index, Stereo Conversions, and Prices/FAQ's.  The Order Form has not yet been uploaded.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/23/2019, 7:27 AM

@gary-tayman

Hi

The issue with printing the web pages from the browsers print option, ie WYSIWYP, is not uniform as across browsers as you have seen and there is very little you can do about this.

With respect to the form, Xara has widgets which specifically cater for this to print correctly, see here for v11 for other version links are on the page linked to above.

. . . . Firefox I can't even find the print option . . . .

If the version of Firefox has the 'hamburger' icon at the end of the Toolbar Print is under that.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gary-tayman wrote on 4/23/2019, 8:27 AM

Thanks for your help, but I can't find these widgets.

Your instructions show a 4-step process to insert a widget.  Step !:  Open Designs Gallery.  I found it under Utilities and opened it.  Step 2 Click the Page Elements & Widgets folder.  Uh, where?  Can't find it anywhere.

Again, what am I missing?  Assuming I want my page to print correctly, which widget would you suggest and how do I implement it?

Update:  Searching the Online Catalog, I found a Google Forms widget and a couple of others.  I have never used Widgets beforel   Am I on the right track?  Do I somehow add this widget to the form I've already made, or do I have to start over?

gary-tayman wrote on 4/23/2019, 9:07 PM

The good news, I've found the solution and my new form prints perfectly.

The BAD news, no Xara.  I did it by going back to SharePoint and revising my old page.

Maybe someday I'll try again, but for now I need to spend my time producing results, not learning some new convoluted method.

thanks anyway.