Xara Photo & Graphic Designer GUI

nehex wrote on 7/7/2019, 2:42 PM

Hi,

(My english is very very bad. i`m sorry for my mistakes. ๐Ÿ˜€)

I would like to describe here a suggestion. I`m using Affinity Designer and I`m boughtย Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 15 in Humble Bundle. Xara Photo & Graphic Designer is very good software for editing graphics but has bad interface (gui), it looks like the '90s. Icons are anemic in colour. Does the latest version have a better interface? Or do you plan to change it?

ย 

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/8/2019, 3:25 AM

@nehex

Welcome to the Magix forums, (and please don't apologise for your English, your writing is very understandable!)

However, you need to understand that these are user-to-user forums, not a link to Magix or Magix Support. Hopefully another user will be able to answer your question about the interface in the latest version of Xara Photo and Graphic Designer. As to whether Magix developers have any plans to change it, no-one here will be able to tell you, sorry, because we simply don't know.

You might wish to use the Contact button in the footer of every forum page to ask your question direct to Magix staff, though I have no idea whether you will receive any answer.

I see you mention Affinity Designer; I actually own the whole Affinity Suite and am very impressed by all the products, being also a long-term user of the previous generation of Serif products.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 7/8/2019, 11:51 AM

@nehex

There is a dedicated Xara user forum:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/index.php

You should join there.

This is the first time I recall that anyone has commented on the layout. I don't think that you will get much sympathy on the TalkGraphics forum.

I don't find the icons anemic at all. Post a screen shot of your interface on the TG forum. There may be a problem with your setup.

Did you do an update under Help, Check for updates?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos