Wizard to create a slideshow

gary-e wrote on 7/27/2020, 7:11 PM

When I open a slideshow, I want to use the wizard that is publicized. How do I access this 'Wizard'? I read a topic here and advised to 'reset' internet properties in Control Panel. Against my better judgment, I did it. No Wizard still.

Product: Magix Photostory Deluxe 2020, version 19.0.2.46

My PC: HP Spectre 360, Intel core i7, 2.4 Ghz. Win 10 Home, x64

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/28/2020, 3:38 AM

@gary-e

Hi and welcome to the forum

. . . . I want to use the wizard that is publicized. . . . I read a topic here and advised to 'reset' internet properties in Control Panel . . . .

As you have discovered resetting the Internet properties has no effect on the where the wizards are - you would only do this if there was an issue with the computers Internet connection it has no relevance to using the Wizards.

The SlideshowMaker wizards are in the program if you have downloaded the second part of the software which contains additional functions, wizards and effects etc - if you have not done this the do so using Help, Free download... and select all the extras to download and install.

Starting with a new empty project add all the video and/or images to be used to the timeline, then select the options shown in the image below to start the slideshow wizard:

When the wizard dialog opens select the required options to create the slideshow.

I would also advise you to read the PDF manual available under Help - you may have to download it.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gary-e wrote on 7/28/2020, 4:57 AM

Thanks John. When I was browsing the user manual it shows a full screen with just the photo's that I can load into the slide show. Is this view only available using the Wizard?

Also having some trouble with this community forum.

1. When I enter a password I get a message that it must be less than 19 characters (it is!), and I have to enter it again - when I copy and paste from my password vault, no text shows up in the password field, but it accepts it and voila here I am. I have come into the forum several times with the same issue.

2. When I posted this entry, there was a box to have all responses converted to English. I received an email soon after the post in German, which of course I cannot read.