Wishlist for the next Music Maker!

Comments

leroi wrote on 5/16/2023, 7:27 PM

If it hasn't been asked already, please provide royalty free samples so we can use Music Maker to make songs for public release and/or commercial use.

SP. wrote on 5/18/2023, 3:15 AM

@leroi There are very often royalty free loops or background music available at Humble Bundle or Fanatical for a very affordable price. Just check the sites regularly or subscribe to their newsletters. Current offers:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/music-pro-2023-plugins-samples-software

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/mega-music-collection-3-royalty-free-bundle

browj2 wrote on 5/18/2023, 6:19 AM

@leroi

All loops and samples from Magix are royalty free. It is the use that requires the appropriate license - non-commercial or commercial. This is clearly shown with all Soundpools in the Store and on Producer Planet. I suggest that you consult there and read the details.

This is also shown in this tutorial:

@Hannes-DuPlessis

I have never used VST's before and would not know how to use them. I looked and search for Bagpipes in the VST instrument section, but could not find one.

They will not be available under the VST instrument section unless you obtain/purchase them and install them on your computer. Do a search on the internet.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 5/18/2023, 3:28 PM

My Wishlist for MMM 2024:

Better management of soundpool licenses, consisting of:

(1) Saving information in MMM about which downloaded soundpools have been purchased with a commercial license in Producerplanet

(2) For the soundpool DVDs that allow for commercial use (and other similar "offline" sources), Have an "advanced setting" somewhere in the config for the user to enter information about which Soundpool DVDs are owned and the path where the DVD files are located, e.g., if they have been copied to the hard disk .

(3) Update the various tabs for browsing soundpools (e.g., the one in Songmaker AI) so that it is possible to filter the displayed list to only show soundpools covered by a commercial license (based on the info obtained in 1 and 2 above)

leroi wrote on 5/19/2023, 10:42 PM

@browj2 Thank you, though royalty free typically means "...may be used without the need to pay royalties or license fees..." (Wikipedia). So I guess my suggestion is for Music Maker to be a product where we can safely make music for any use, without worrying about fees or lawsuits. After all, we pay for the software (and maybe even sound pools) up front. Other music making software and DAWs generally don't charge for "license use". :)

SP. wrote on 5/20/2023, 3:53 AM

@leroi If you make the music completely by yourself by recording an instrument or singing or with the help of MIDI and virtual instruments you can definitely do this.

If you use audio files or melodies or some other stuff which was created by someone else, you always need to check the permissions. It doesn't matter which DAW you use. This is because the original creator usually automatically owns the copyright by law and in that case you aren't the original creator.

browj2 wrote on 5/20/2023, 9:58 AM

@leroi

Hi,

though royalty free typically means "...may be used without the need to pay royalties or license fees..." (Wikipedia). 

Basically wrong, emphasis on "may be." Royalty free means that you don't have to pay a fee per use/sale/view/play. It does not mean that it is necessarily without charge. The two are distinct. Whoever wrote that in Wikipedia should correct their phrase. There are those who permit you to use their music without cost and without paying royalties. And, almost no one will sell you their music unless you pay a lot of money - sale means that you would obtain all rights including copyright. Most, including Magix, charge a license fee with no royalties. Instead of looking at Wikipedia, look at the references that I gave you for the actual meanings.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

David-Barselow wrote on 5/23/2023, 4:02 PM

The term royalty free, is being miss used here, try looking at the Wikipedia standards of the term Royalty Free. I'm sure they know the meaning of the term. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalty-free

David-Barselow wrote on 5/23/2023, 4:30 PM

I wish for control over the arrangers volume control. I have experienced clipping at a alarming rate when opening a song.

johnebaker wrote on 5/24/2023, 2:21 AM

@David-Barselow

Hi

. . . . term royalty free, is being miss used here . . . .

That is correct based on the extract from the Wikipedia article @leroi posted above. However the post missed an important part of the Wiki statement ie:.

. . . . material subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights may be used without the need to pay royalties or license fees for each use, per each copy or volume sold or some time period of use or sales . . . .

. . . . they know the meaning of the term . . . .

Unfortunately they do not, they have conflated Licence fee with Royalty fee - the statement should read as 'sold or licenced for a fee' .

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/24/2023, 2:21 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

GRB wrote on 6/17/2023, 11:13 AM

Music Maker Wishlist......

-Better controller integration and/or manual setup for all Magix Audio products, MM, ACID, Samplitude, etc.

-Maybe a shared system folder and same setup pages in settings for them all?...updated... expanded.. better end results?

-Better folder options for those with external drives and a way to add, remove scanning of plugin locations too!

-Why BeatBox only inserts as Audio and not Midi file to make useful for other instruments too? Maybe I'm missing a similar tool for that somewhere?

-Option to have Start Page open up as side window inside of program instead of overlay?

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

DeOnea-Christian wrote on 7/30/2023, 1:44 AM

Dear community,

Music Maker 2022 has only turned one month old, but we are already working on new features to continue to provide you with intuitive tools for your own songs!

Therefore we want to know: What features would you like to have in Music Maker?

Comment your ideas in this thread - we look forward to reading them! 😊

Best wishes,
Your MAGIX Team

I need help I recently got music maker 2023 and I put in my voucher code and all my credentials correct and I ran into a Hastle because it won’t download being that it did not send to my email along with the serial number I need to know what can I do about this please

johnebaker wrote on 7/30/2023, 2:56 AM

@DeOnea-Christian

Hi

. . . .  that it did not send to my email along with the serial number . . . .

Check your email spam folder.

If there is no email there and the voucher redemption succeeded then log in to your account at magix.com - Account login top right of home page and under My Products you should see the registered product with serial number and a download link for thr program.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

DeOnea-Christian wrote on 7/30/2023, 12:30 PM

The download doesn’t show up at all after I put my voucher redeem in it says that it has already been used in which I did use it for my account and I don’t understand it also prompted me twice with the same information

emmrecs wrote on 7/30/2023, 2:58 PM

@DeOnea-Christian

Where, exactly, did you buy the software?
Voucher codes can be redeemed only once, so if you had already entered it once that is why you see the message that it has already been used.

Are you certain you originally entered ALL your details correctly? Just one letter “wrong” in your email address will mean the confirmation email will never arrive!

Did you do as @johnebaker suggested and check your Magix account? If not go to https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/, log in, go to My products, as he said.

If there is nothing listed in your account you need to email infoservice@magix.net, explain what has happened and ask for their help.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

DeOnea-Christian wrote on 7/30/2023, 3:12 PM

I did do everything correct yes I took my time and looked over it but when I put the information in the very first time it’s like there was a reset in the system so it prompted me twice in which I don’t know what that’s about and also I got my software from Amazon also I do not see a my products section and when I put the voucher code after creating the account and it prompting me twice It says it was already use in which it was the same exact information same account I did not receive an email but I was give a coupon after logging in and nothing about serial number or and email with the download but I have another question could it be that I’m using a laptop and would need to use the disk for this information and/or a direct download ? I’m a first time user

johnebaker wrote on 7/31/2023, 2:32 AM

@DeOnea-Christian

Hi

Music Maker is free, the voucher enables the particular edition - extra features, functions, Soundpools and instruments - you purchased.

Try downloading the free version from here and install, this is a 2 step process

1. run the download manager which will then
  2. download and install the program

When the start screen appears, see image below, login/join with the email address and password you entered when redeeming the voucher.

Once logged in you will be able to download and install all the extra content for the edition you purchesed - see under the Downloads tab if it does not automatically start downloading the extra.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/31/2023, 2:33 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Mark-T wrote on 8/26/2023, 1:40 PM

The ability to export a list of loops and files used in a project to a text file would be handy.

gjonny wrote on 8/26/2023, 5:18 PM

>> ability to export a list of loops and files

+1

Steve_GothAngel_ wrote on 8/31/2023, 6:25 AM

...So I guess my suggestion is for Music Maker to be a product where we can safely make music for any use, without worrying about fees or lawsuits. After all, we pay for the software (and maybe even sound pools) up front. Other music making software and DAWs generally don't charge for "license use". :)

Guys, this is THE point... and very important issue indeed... because MAGIX is very unfair on this...

...Let's not pretend not to understand and let's not get around it hiding behind words definitions... ;-)

Steve_GothAngel_ wrote on 8/31/2023, 6:32 AM

...We need serious and proper Automation... I know too many users that have left MMM due to its very poor and inconsistent Automation features...

SP. wrote on 8/31/2023, 6:36 AM

@Steve_GothAngel_ There is no license charge for using Music Maker.

For better automation you need to switch to Samplitude. Music Maker is deliberately limited in features.

Steve_GothAngel_ wrote on 9/1/2023, 3:54 AM

@SP.

Hi there. Thanks for reply. Your very quick response on this forum is always appreciated.

Only this time you are wrong S.P. The main point here is there is certainly an extra fee (you need to buy a "commercial license"), basically explained, for use of Magix MM Soundpools in productions from which you get an income. That's in the agreement. Ugly truth Magix is the only Company requesting this from their customers, and I find it greedy and unfair behaviour.

Far as the automation issue, honestly it's quite obvious that Sampltude is the full featured one, which indeed I have and use since Iong, very long time ago, from the vey beginning. Samplitude is a different matter.

We are discussing MMM here, and the point is automation is always crucial in music production, even for basic DAWs, while Music Maker is far TOO weak and limited in this sense, beyond any "basic" concept, keeping away many potential customers.

I know too many users who would consider MMM because of its fast and pleasant workflow, yet they eventually give up and refuse it because of the lack of even minimal but at least real automations (and because of crashes/bugs...), which have it being labelled as nothing more than a "Toy" by music producers at any level.

Just for the records, I have my experience in the field, and have been using, among many other DAWS, Samplitude and Music Maker for more than 20 years now, still for "romantic" reasons mostly to be honest, as we gotta admit that the two have been left quite a little bit behind by competitors.

Hope things and arguments are cleared, best regards.

Steve.

SP. wrote on 9/1/2023, 4:00 AM

@Steve_GothAngel_

(you need to buy a "commercial license") for full commercial use of Soundpools

Yes, the musicians who made the loops needed to be paid. Paying for loops is common standard. There are many different publishers like Producer Loops, Loopmasters, etc which all needed you to pay. Magix is simply a loop publisher since the mid 1990s. Your argument is invalid.

If you buy Samplitude Pro X you can use the included loops commercially.

If users want automation they simply can use Samplitude Music Studio or Pro X. Both programs offer the same workflow like Music Maker.