windows shutting down Magix Edit Pro 15

ocdmachine wrote on 5/11/2009, 2:36 PM
Was working fine before but now each time I try to edit a clip, I get the Windows error message about a problem and must shut down program. I have an open ticket # but nothing resolved. I have a new HP Pavilion dv5 Entertainment Laptop with Vista x64 Home, Intel dual core T6400 and 4 G of RAM. I have not loaded anything on the PC since Magix. Also have all latest upgrades, etc. from Microsoft. Anyone having similar issues?

05/20 - resetting worked but wiped out my original movie? I must have goofed up something on that one. No biggie since it was a small file and I did back it all up on a removeable drive. I'll try to reload and play around and post my results. Thanks so much for the advice!

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/13/2009, 5:09 AM
Hi,

Try this: Open the program and use the command "Reset program settings to defaults" under "Help" before you do anything else. See whether that helps.

You should also make sure that your video drivers are up-to-date. I suppose the program should really be used with dedicated graphics hardware on a suitable multimedia system. A laptop isn't always the most ideal machine for this task, especially if it is only equipped with very simple display hardware for office tasks. This is especially true if you're going to edit high definition materials. However, I also know from experience that it will run quite fine on some laptops. So, probably it will work OK for you. Just update the graphics drivers and maybe also experiment with the different preview video modes that you can find under the "Display options" tab in the program settings of Movie Edit Pro 15.

Good luck!

HollEck wrote on 8/11/2009, 8:57 PM
Hi, I saw that Windows was shutting down your Movie Magix Edit Pro 15. And I am having the same problem. I saw that "ralftaro" told you how to fix it... Yours was fixed by resetting your defaults. Well, I tried that, and it didn't work. I have searched for new updates online that I may have needed, and im all up-to-date. I don't know what else to do. Do you have any other suggestions?
BroBryce2009 wrote on 11/19/2009, 6:01 AM
I know this question was posted a long time ago, but have you installed the newest update for MEP 15?  Several patches were done, and it seems to have fixed a LOT of the crash problems I initially had with the program.  Give it a try?

http://www.magix.com/us/support/support/patch-downloads/