Will the german Premium version be launched in english?

fettklompen wrote on 9/28/2008, 11:24 AM
Hello :)

I've already tried a former version of Movie Edit Pro with very good experiences (Movie Edit Pro 11 plus) :)
The only drawbacks were that the short-keys for undo and group/ungroup didn't always work. (Had to use them in the menu, before I could type ctrl-z etc.)

Now I'm searching for a more advanced and perfectioned editing program (want short keys to function). I need the ability to edit HDV and import mobile-movies (mp4 and .mov)... And I need it to be STABILE :)
(Have tried the latest adobe premiere elements, but the HDV-capturing got the audio out of synch, dropped some parts and even couldn't read some tapes.)

I've been adviced the german Premium version of Movie Edit (called "video deluxe premium 15" in germany). Is this program planned to be launched in an english version, or is it the same as MEP 14 plus in UK?
Is it 100% HDV-compatible with my Canon HV-20 camera?

yours sincerely
Bjarte Mjølhus

UPDATE:
Have now tried the MEP 14 plus, trial-version. I'm very satisfied. Haven't found any bugs, and I find my edit-tools. Smooth HDV-editing, and it used very little computer-power. It has lower ram- and cpu-demands than both the apple final cut express and the adobe premiere elements :)

The only thing I haven't sorted out, is the compatibility with .mp4, .mov and 3gp (the lowest resolution codec). I read that mpeg4-codec could be purchased separately through the program. Will it then read the .mp4 (and maybe .mov and 3gp) from my nokia n82 then?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 11/6/2008, 9:02 AM
Hi there,

Yes, you will have to activate the MPEG-4 codec in Movie Edit Pro 14 in order to import MP4/3GP material. Quicktime import boils down to Quicktime and the associated codecs being installed, but some QT files can be pretty fishy. By the way, MPEG-4 activation is free in the "Plus" version of MEP 14. But this only works in the full program. You won't be able to trial this particular aspect, I'm afraid. In the classic version of MEP 14, you will have to pay a small additional fee if you also want MPEG-4.

The current German video editing releases will also find their way into an English localization again, of course. "Premium" is currently the top-of-the-line product for the consumer versions. It's identical to the German "Plus" version, just with more content. However, in addition to the new consumer versions, Magix also came out with a new, more fully featured "pro" video editing product line called "Video Pro X". Looks like you might like this one. Aside from the various pro features in there (e.g. XDCAM support, multi-cam support, DVD authoring with multiple audio tracks) you also get a whole lot of more possibilities to customize the program (e.g. regarding screen layout and key shortcuts).

Well, I hope that's the info you were looking for!

ralftaro wrote on 11/10/2008, 10:20 AM
The pro version will be available within the next few weeks. In other words: Very soon...