Will ACID Pro 8 get ReWire Slave functionality?

Sean-Weyers wrote on 9/6/2018, 8:56 AM

Are there any plans to add this? ACID 7 did it, and the manual for 8 clearly states that it does have this capability, but it does not. ReWire isn't particularly useful in ACID without the ability to use it as a slave. I have a lot of money wrapped up in ACID, as I started using ACID 3. My workflow was absolutely destroyed when Sony dropped 7 and it became unstable. I used to use it as a slave to Cubase- it was the greatest. I'd like that back. PLEASE add ReWire slave capability to ACID Pro 8!!! Thank you.

Comments

PhotonBoy wrote on 9/7/2018, 12:00 PM

I can't verify further right now, but I had been able to run AP8 in Rewire from Reaper.

willowz wrote on 9/7/2018, 4:16 PM

If nothing helps, you can always use Jack to route anything to anything, with a bit of configuration efforts 😃

http://www.jackaudio.org/

Sean-Weyers wrote on 9/8/2018, 9:47 AM

I don't want to use it with Reaper although I tried it well before this post. It runs as the slave. I want Acid to run as a slave to Cubase, or anything- Acid is extremely useful as a ReWire slave.

Sean-Weyers wrote on 9/14/2018, 6:44 PM

I couldn't let this go- especially since the manual, and the information about Acid Pro 8 on the Magix site states that 8 runs as both a slave and master. Apparently, sometimes during the install, the registry key that exposes Acid as a ReWire slave doesn't get created. This key simply needs to be added into the registry for it to work. The .dll file in Acid Pro 8 has NOT been renamed from Acid 7, although it is a different file (7 wasn't 64 bit). Also, it shows up in the ReWire master as Acid Pro 7. If you are using Reaper (64 bit), and have both Acid 7 and 8 installed: Acid 7 will show as Acid Pro 7/32 and Acid 8 will show as Acid Pro 7.
First, find the rewire .dll in for Acid Pro 8. It should be in C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 8.0\Audio Hardware Drivers and will show up as ACID7ReWire.dll. It's just important to know where it is. If you installed Acid somewhere else, it will be there.
Next, add the registry key. Hit the windows key and type regedit to open your registry editor. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Propellerhead Software\ReWire. Right click on the ReWire key in the navigation tree and add a new key. It will add a new key with a default name and default value. Name it ACID Pro 8.0 and then right click in the blank area on the right and add a new String Value. Name the new string value Device Path. Double click on the new Device Path entry, and in the Value data box, type the path to Acid 8 rewire .dll that we found earlier.
That's it, all done. It should work now, at least it does for me- I can ReWire Acid Pro 8 as a device in Reaper and Cubase. I haven't tried it with anything else. I hope this helps.

Sean-Weyers wrote on 9/14/2018, 7:14 PM

Also, if you are using 32 bit Reaper and have both Acid 7 and 8 installed, Acid 7 will show up in rewire as Acid Pro 7, and Acid 8 will show as Acid Pro 7/64. Ofc, you can't rewire a 32 bit program to a 64 bit one. Just some info.