Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/22/2022, 8:39 AM

@Crystal-Hall

By downloading the trial version of XDP 19 and then running its installer you will NOT be updating version 18 but rather creating a complete new install. Do NOT try and update through the version 18 option to "Check for Updates". Doing it the way I suggest will avoid the problem of the Updater in version 18 "failing" and you will have both versions installed.

Then, once it is installed, follow the advice from @browj2

I told you to install the trial version of 19 and activate it using the same serial number.

In an earlier post you said:

I mentioned above it (version 19 trial) will not install

Assuming you have followed my advice above and still there is an installation problem, what exactly happens when you try to install v19? What error message(s), if any, do you see?  Please quote them in full or provide screenshots of them.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Crystal-Hall wrote on 11/25/2022, 8:20 AM

Hi Jeff

Please see the attached link - it is a video showing you what is happening

Hopefully you can figure out what is happening

https://www.loom.com/share/19b8dd64f91c4a00ae3ae7ceec965790

Many thanks

browj2 wrote on 11/25/2022, 8:39 AM

@Crystal-Hall

Hi,

I presume that if you try to install it again you get the same result, right?

Try downloading and running the Microsoft Troubleshooter. This should help clean up anything that may be lingering from your previous attempts at installing v19. Make sure to look for anything associated with v19, not v18.

Then, try installing v19 again.

If that fails, let us know. The only solution then would be to raise a ticket with Magix.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 11/25/2022, 8:42 AM

@Crystal-Hall It looks like you open the incorrect version of the program. Please navigate via the Windows Explorer to the installation folder and run Xara, not via the Task Bar which loads the wrong version.

Crystal-Hall wrote on 11/25/2022, 11:48 AM

Hi SP

Sorry I don't understand the instruction

1. I downloaded the file - ( I am organised and downloaded where I download my bought software)
  2. I then doubled clicked the "trial_designerprox19_dlm_kle8i9.exe"
  3. this opened and I installed it as would any other program - following the online promps step by step
  4. I am confused by your saying I "ran it through the taskbar"
  5. Please can you show me by video so I can understand the steps I need to follow to update your program

Sorry for sounding slow but I have installed multiple programs and this is the first time I am encountering this issue

Many thanks in advance

SP. wrote on 12/1/2022, 5:05 AM

@Crystal-Hall Sorry for the delay. I didn't see your response.

In the video, you are entering the Xara name in the search field of taskbar in Windows. This search results are showing you the old version 18. So, after you install version 19 again (you uninstalled it in the video), if you run the program, don't do it through the taskbar. It will likely show you the incorrect version. Just open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the installation folder for version 19.