Why is the music maker so unstable. Keeps crashing and many bugs.

LukasBlue wrote on 5/31/2022, 11:22 AM

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say, that I love Magix Music Makers UI. It feels like home for me, also the functions and navigating in this software is like a dream.

BUT. Since the first time I tried Magix Music Maker, I experience instability, crashing and bugs. It is not very convenient, when the software crashes in the middle of your work. And that is what is happening in daily basis. I bought a new version, thinking, that it would help and the bugs would be fixed, but no.

Tried on many PCs but still the same issues.

If Magix is taking this software seriously, they need to make big fixing update. Here are the most annoying issues and bugs I am experiencing.

• Random crashing in the middle of the project
  • Random "Not an HD project" message, then crashes
  • Random loud noise to my headphones, when I press play in all-midi project
  • Not able to apply some effects after I apply another specific effects
  • Cursor changes randomly to magnifier in midi editor and can not be changed

Please help me if you know, if there is something that might causing this on my side, or if this is a problem of MMM.

Thank you

Luke

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/31/2022, 11:41 AM

@LukasBlue What external USB audio interface are you using? Have you tried a complete new Windows 10 installation with the newest drivers?

LukasBlue wrote on 5/31/2022, 11:46 AM

Yes I had many Windows reinstallations meanwhile. Now I am on Windows 11 build 22000.708. Still the same issues, Using Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Generation. I'll try to download newest drivers for Focusrite I just found. But these issues were there even with the previous sound card.

johnebaker wrote on 5/31/2022, 12:48 PM

@LukasBlue

Hi

The HD Project error message has rarely been seen with Music Maker as you have found - I have removed your duplicate post from the topic you found.

IIRC there have been similar issues reported elsewhere with other software and Focusrite devices - you may want to take a look at the Focusrite device FAQ here.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

LukasBlue wrote on 5/31/2022, 1:23 PM

@LukasBlue

Hi

The HD Project error message has rarely been seen with Music Maker as you have found - I have removed your duplicate post from the topic you found.

IIRC there have been similar issues reported elsewhere with other software and Focusrite devices - you may want to take a look at the Focusrite device FAQ here.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

It has rarely been seen, but it bothers me and others, because there have been people reporting it. And even if it is rarely seen it should be fixed. :( Including the other crashes which has nothing to do with my current sound card as I tested. I'll try to contact Magix and I'll let you know the results there. ;)

ACGuernica wrote on 1/19/2023, 2:05 PM

I've been getting random crashes in projects that worked flawlessly with previous versions of Music Maker. I haven't been able to use the software for 3 or 4 months now. Every time I try, the program hangs and then I have to exit out via task manager.

It's really disheartening when you are in the mood to write some music and the software kills the mood.