Why does Photostory replace everything when loading another disk project?

KenJ wrote on 11/29/2012, 1:29 PM

In Photostory, I save a disk project composed of video clips, audio clips and still photos and do a SAVE AS with its name (project1).  I then start a new disk project and again load video, audio and stills and again do a SAVE AS with a new name (project2).  However, when I do a LOAD PROJECT and load project1, the photos/video/audio from the original project1 have been replaced with those of project2.

I have a PC running WinXP and Photostory ver. 7.0.3.0.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/2/2012, 6:36 PM

Hi

I do not have Photostory installed however when you say - I then start a new project - do you mean

1.  You select File, New Project

or

2.  Do you delete what is on the timeline of Project 1, then add video etc, then save as Project 2

If you are doing 2 then this is the wrong procedure, you should be using 1 above.  

A 'project' is normally composed of two parts - the project file itself and a 'movie' file, if there is only one movie in a project (you can have more) then you do get any indication that there are two seperate parts to the project

IIRC when you save Project 1 you also create a 'movie' called Project 1 - normally you do not see this. 

When you create project 2 by deleting project 1 contents and using Save As, you do create a seperate project file however the movie is still Project 1 and its previous contents are replaced by those of Project 2.

Thus when you load Project 1 you are also loading the movie for project 1, but it has the original contents replaced by those of Project 2.

If you look at the title bar with Project 2 open you should see something like this in the title   Project 2 (Project 1)    indicting you have the Project 2 with Project 1 movie.

Hope this makes sense.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/2/2012, 6:36 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

KenJ wrote on 12/3/2012, 11:47 AM

Thank you.  Although I don't remember exactly what approach I used, I was trying to use some thigs from one project in the next.  When I started a new project with a different name, each project came up as expected.