why do I get a blank 'edit' screen?

DreamingShaman wrote on 8/8/2009, 7:14 AM
When I bought the software yesterday, initially the 'edit' screen worked. I've tried to create successive projects and each time I do, I find the 'edit' screen is blank (i.e. black) so I can't edit any of the projects, why is the screen blank?
I'm a brand new user and I bought the software to edit my videos that I'd created for a high-profile video audition for working overseas.
I cannot edit anything, can someone help please?  I'm at my wits end - I've read some of the manuals and seen some of video help files but I still can't edit anything. 
The manuals etc indicate that, as soon as you click on 'edit' all the edit tools come up; this isn't happening.
DS 

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/10/2009, 11:24 AM
Hi,

Is this Movie Edit Pro 15 you're using? The program is not hanging or crashing or anything, right? You're just missing certain elements from the screen? In this case, they were probably closed down accidentally. Hit the F9 key when you're in the editing screen to restore the default layout or switch the missing elements back on via the "Window" menu of MEP. In older versions, you should try the "L" key instead.

I hope this helps.

dagunster wrote on 8/10/2009, 3:48 PM
IN Movie Edit Pro - go to the "Window" menu.

(1) Be sure that  "Program Monitor", "Media Pool" and "Project" all are clicked - have a check mark.

(2) Reboot your machine.  Sometimes people leave their machine running for days - I would not do this.