Why am I getting video noise during importing?

reggie.pm4africa wrote on 3/15/2014, 1:19 PM

I have used several VHS Players and have selected every video standards in the list in both Pal and NTSC. There are horizontal lines along the top of the video preview screen. I am playing both NTSC and PAL videos. I am also using several different players that are PAL players that also play NTSC videos. The wavy lines are consistent regardless of whether i am previewing NTSC or PAL videos.

The video standard for South Africa is PAL I.

The video tapes are in excellent condition and several are new. There is absolutely no issue with the quality of the video when the players are connected to the TV.

The problem persists whether a PAL tape is played or an NTSC tape is played. In fact, I connected an NTSC player to the software and played an NTSC tape through it and the problem still exists.

This wavy video problem is software related specific to Rescue Your Video Tapes.

Comments

yvon-robert wrote on 3/15/2014, 1:34 PM

Hi,

You look for trouble for nothing, check with MediInfo software what is the size and system used PAL or NTSC this is different size and standard probably noise is due to diifferent frame rate from NTSC and PAL.

ALso you can use the Inspector function in QickTime movie player.

Regards,

YR

reggie.pm4africa wrote on 3/15/2014, 1:44 PM

Hi YR

Thanks for the quick reply,However, my problem is not solved. During the import I have selected all possible PAL and NTSC choices in Video Preferences. The videos are both NTSC and PAL and are being played back on a PAL player that plays NTSC videos as well.  fact, I have used several different players with similar results, wavy lines across top of video in preview.

yvon-robert wrote on 3/15/2014, 4:53 PM

Hi,

The problem you face is mixing 2 different system together PAL is eurpean format and NTSC is USA-Canada format code 1, different size and different frame rate. Normally a player has a code area build in Code 1 = NTSC and code 2 is PAL. Mya be the best for you is to transform your PAL movies in NTSC and use onle one format. Or the inverse NTSC to PAL and use one format only.

Regards,

YR

johnebaker wrote on 3/16/2014, 1:38 PM

Hi

I think the problem is more fundamental - the symptoms you are describing are those associated with video tapes which are deteriorating/worn due to age, poor storage conditions,  print through or cheap tapes resulting in the VCR unable to hold sync properly.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/16/2014, 1:41 PM, changed a total of 4 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.