Why am I downloading everything withing KB/S speeds???

daniel-barron wrote on 12/14/2017, 11:31 PM

I have purchased a plethora of software from the humble bundle currently going on and downloading all my software is taking an absurdly excessive time, why? Is the Los Angeles server too overloaded? How do I change the download source then? My full PC specs are as followed: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Intel i7-7700k/ GPU: MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X/ RAM: 16GB 3000MHz DDR4/ DOWNLOAD SPEEDS: 60MBPS/ UPLOAD SPEEDS: 6MBPS. It makes no sense why i'm downloading all my software at 15-28 KB/S

Comments

darrell-wegscheid wrote on 12/15/2017, 12:29 AM

Had the same issue myself today. Freaking 32KB/s trying to download Vegas pro 15. I had better speeds back in 1992 with the 56K modem. Been using all the software from Sony media back before it was even Sony media software when it was called sonic foundry. Hope this is not a sign of things to come with a new company taking over.

emmrecs wrote on 12/15/2017, 4:12 AM

@daniel-barron @darrell-wegscheid

If you look through the various forums on the Magix site you will see you are far from being alone in this problem. It seems the current offer on bundled software has proved very popular, perhaps more popular than anyone at Magix envisaged.

Perhaps try the download again later?

Jeff
Forum Moderator, not a Magix employee, simply expressing an opinion.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

someguy wrote on 4/11/2018, 9:30 PM

Sad to see it is not just me. I have a 300Mbps internet connection and I am at 64Kbps. That is simply an ultra budget speed controlled server. They need to offer direct links not the horrible download manager.

clintondiya wrote on 5/24/2020, 3:32 AM

It depends upon who you are downloading from. Most websites throttle their bandwidth with remote connections. However, if you connect to Microsoft or Apple for updates, you will see a huge jump in your download speed. It also depends how you are connected to the internet.

Are you wired direct to the modem? Do you have a router? Are you wired or wireless from said router? Is the router firmware up to date? Is your modem firmware up to date?

There are a lot of factors that could be slowing you down. The best place to start is go direct to your modem with an Ethernet cable.

emmrecs wrote on 5/24/2020, 3:42 AM

@clintondiya

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Although your contribution clearly has some relevance to the OP's question, did you notice this thread was started nearly three years ago and the most recent previous post was made in 2018? Please do not resurrect such old topics.

Thank you.

This thread will now be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam