Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/25/2013, 9:26 AM

Hello,

I don't have Photostory 16, only 2013, but it is probably similar. I'm a bit lost, you say you have no idea where your photos are? Do you know how to use Windows Explorer? The media pool is similar to Windows Explorer.

Under Media, click on My media, My pictures. You should then have folders containing photo files or photo files, depending on how and where you put the files or where your camera put them when you imported them. If you put nothing in your photos library on your computer, then you will have to search.In the Media tab, click on either your name or Computer and go searching through the folders until you find what you want.

Alternatively, click on the search button at the top of the Media pool (the binoculars icon). Fill in search criteria or click on the pop down under File type and select images. Click on the search button and the computer will find your image files. By right-clicking on a file and opening properties, you can see the path to the folder where your file is located. Then you will at least know where you may have put your photos. Click off the binoculars and navigate by drilling down from Computer to the correct file folder that you should have noted. Your files will appear.

Another method is to use Windows Explorer, find your files and drag and drop the ones that you want onto the timeline.

If all of this is new to you, then you had better learn how to use Windows Explorer first. File management is one of the most basic computer skills that one has to know.

Last changed by browj2 on 11/25/2013, 9:26 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos