Comments

ralftaro wrote on 11/10/2008, 11:14 AM
Hi,

I'm not completely positive that I understand the problem. Are you referring to the display of the picture/chapter thumbnail in the DVD menu or are you referring to the replay of the actual slideshow? It seems that you might be referring to the chapter menu on the DVD. If so, there's only room for so many thumbnails on one menu page. If there are more slides and you set things up in a way that each slide will equal one chapter, you will have a couple of slides on each menu page (depending on the layout and settings) and an arrow element that will enable you to navigate to the next (or previous) page of the chapter menu, where they other slides will be displayed.

If I understood your problem correctly, this might be the information you were looking for.

ralftaro wrote on 11/18/2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for further clarifying this. Sounds like it might be a pure readability problem of the created DVD.

Can you track down the DVD image directory that was created on your hard drive during the DVD encoding? Just check in your program/path settings for the location. Then go into the disc image directory for this particular project and replay the VOB, e.g. using the free VLC player:

www.videolan.org/vlc/

These VOB files make up your final DVD. If they display alright from the disc image on your hard drive, the problem originates during the writing process of the files to the DVD blank or during the reading of the disc in your DVD player. In this case, here are some things you should try:

- try different types/makes of DVD blanks
- update the burn routines for the Magix program from the support site
- avoid using RW blanks (less stable)
- burn at slower speeds (this makes for a more durable and more stable medium)

I hope this helps!