What is the Difference between Xara Designer Pro 18 and 19

doug_mccarron wrote on 12/15/2022, 3:45 PM

I have version 19 and am being asked to pay the update service. I also have version 18. Before I pay for the update service what is the differences between version 18 and 19? So far in my uses I have not seen a difference. Can someone tell me the differences so I know if I want to make a payment.

Thank you

We are born an awareness that takes a body. During life we build a personality, defense system, understanding of life. But all of that came after we were born, and is not who we truly are. We are each one seven billionth of one species among hundreds of thousands of species on a small little planet that circles a small ball of fire in a galaxy containing more suns than all the grains of sand in all the deserts of the earth, a galaxy among billions of galaxies, a galaxy flying through never ending space at 1,304,880 miles per hour. Our made up personality wants to be the center of all things, a god, but we aren't. We are like those little grains of sand in the endless eternal desert, but diamonds and sapphires are grains of sand. Like those little grains of sand, we are each a beautiful diamond. Let God love you.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/15/2022, 4:37 PM

@doug_mccarron Xara Designer Pro gets two updates per year. Magix changes the version number each year for distribution purposes, to show customers that something has changed, but it's basically a fluid development. It might also be that the content catalogue gets more updates during this timeframe.

If you extent the update service you can redownload the updates for version 18 and 19 in case you need to reinstall them and you can access the content catalogue. If you don't extent the update service, you can only reinstall the versions available from your user account (the last version you bought without updates)

So, if you have a backup of the update installers and you made an offline backup of the content catalogue, you don't need to extent the update service.

But make sure you have these backups ready before the updates service run out!

browj2 wrote on 12/15/2022, 9:16 PM

@doug_mccarron

Hi,

See the New Features. Maybe you can figure out what they are; I have a dislike for parallax scrolling web pages.

Also, look at the History of updates. Click on the 3 dots menu to get it.

Is your Update Service still active? If so, then download the trial version 19, install it and activate it with your serial number for 18. You get v19 for free if your Update Service is still active (included until you have to reinstall....see the terms of the Update Service).

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

doug_mccarron wrote on 12/16/2022, 10:42 PM

Yeah I have 19 already. So far I have not seen any difference. So asking if someone else has. The New Features seem the same from 18 to me.

We are born an awareness that takes a body. During life we build a personality, defense system, understanding of life. But all of that came after we were born, and is not who we truly are. We are each one seven billionth of one species among hundreds of thousands of species on a small little planet that circles a small ball of fire in a galaxy containing more suns than all the grains of sand in all the deserts of the earth, a galaxy among billions of galaxies, a galaxy flying through never ending space at 1,304,880 miles per hour. Our made up personality wants to be the center of all things, a god, but we aren't. We are like those little grains of sand in the endless eternal desert, but diamonds and sapphires are grains of sand. Like those little grains of sand, we are each a beautiful diamond. Let God love you.