Web designer source code not being optimise ?

Adi-W wrote on 12/26/2018, 3:30 PM

Hi, I am looking to get Web Designer Premium, as I have no much coding experience. However, I have come through this comment from a user/develloper who did bought Web Designer : "if you view the source code you will notice that it is littered with <div>'s, the classes/id's are completely unorganized, functions that should be in separate files are not, etc. Case in point, it is an extremely cluttered and non-optimized generator".

Anybody having a little bit of coding experience could make a comment about that ? how much non-optimised code could affect the speed of a web site ? And is there any software that can be use to optimise the code of a web page ?

Thanks !

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/26/2018, 4:49 PM

@Adi-W

Hi

Modern websites do contain a lot if <div>'s - the current HTML specifications have deprecated older methods of controlling page layout and are also more strict on the use of tables, which were often used incorrectly, to control layout.

The use of the <Div> element enables greater control over content layout and isolation and as they contain the website content it would be pointless, and frustrating to edit, if they were in separate files to also be downloaded by the web browser in addition to those it already has to download to make jQuery work.

You will also find that the generated websites are reliant on jQuery for many functions eg photo galleries, so much so that jQuery has become an 'almost de facto' standard component for many website builders and software like Web Designer.

. . . . how much non-optimised code could affect the speed of a web site ? . . .

A web page consists of a series of what are basically text files ie the HTML, CSS (style sheets) and other scripts such as jQuery functions, needed to tell the browser, from their content, how to assemble and style the web page, where to download the images, animations and video, which may incorporated into the web site, and perform the necessary functions to make picture/video galleries, live content and many other features work.

It is the image, animation and video that must be optimised - the download speed of the text files is minuscule in comparison.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Adi-W wrote on 12/26/2018, 5:49 PM

Thanks John for your quick answer ! shure, image, video etc... are the most slowdown factor usualy