Video saver 3.0

muho wrote on 12/28/2010, 9:36 AM

I bought a new magix video saver 3.0. First I converted my analog video. Then I tried to convert my mvy-file to mpeg or WMV file on my PC.  After few seconds comes the error message 'The export was not successful. Please try again with other settings and check to make sure enough hard drive space is available'. I have a new computer (windows 7, intel core i5, memory 8 gb, hard drive 1 TB). I don`t understand what is the problem?

Comments

muho wrote on 1/9/2011, 4:13 AM

I installed a free trial version of MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 17 and with that program converting worked without any problems. The own program of magix video saver 3.0 (MAGIX Video easy Rescue Your Videotapes) did not work when you try to convert mvy-files to other forms.

jennywrenn wrote on 1/13/2011, 6:41 AM

I've experienced exactly the same problem. Only just purchased this package.  Thinking I may have just wasted £50. It won't even let me burn my file to a DVD. 

Doesn't say much for this software if you have to download other software to get it to work.

I can't even get hold of Magix technical via their website.  It's telling me I don't have a product registered and when I go to re-register, it's telling me I've already registered the product!!!!  I'm having to resort to trying to get hold of them on the phone.

I'll try the free download.

Spark wrote on 5/14/2011, 11:40 PM

I have the exact same problem with Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 HD. After about 20 minutes creating a mpg it reports "the export was not successful. please try again..." Sheesh. I've been editing this for a week. Mp4 works but the quality is awful. I tried burning a and it fails too.

Was all my work and trust in Magix pointless?

Brand new Windows 7, 64 bit, 8 GB RAM, 1TB black WD drive. Installed the OS myself so there is no garbage installed. And now this! Argh.

Spark wrote on 5/15/2011, 12:58 AM

I was able to fix it by downloading the latest update to Movie Edit Pro. Hopefully you can do the same. Under the Help, Online update. Wheew.