Video file size captured is extremely small ?

stevejhome wrote on 3/10/2014, 7:14 AM

I have just started using Rescue your video tapes(version 4)  and for a 3 hour analogue tape  capture the file finished size is onl 6.9Mb  .  The instructions show the usage should be around 2 Gb per hour.  What am I doing wrong as the video has been captured and plays back on Magix (albeit poor quality).

Comments

yvon-robert wrote on 3/10/2014, 10:40 AM

HI,

Which size you capture 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 ? Depending the image size this generate a small file size also the number of frames per second. Check this.

Regards,

YR

stevejhome wrote on 3/11/2014, 5:43 AM

Hi Frame rate is 25 and size is 640x240 , it says highest quality but file size still tiny ? any other ideas appreciated !

terrypin wrote on 3/11/2014, 8:16 AM

Hi,

When you refer to the 'file finished size', is that an exported file and if so what file type have you used and how does it look when you play it back?

I don't have Rescue Your Videotapes but could you possibly be mistakenly referrring to the project file, or whatever it's called in that program?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Last changed by terrypin on 3/11/2014, 8:16 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

stevejhome wrote on 3/11/2014, 4:44 PM

HI, thanks for all your help... after searching , I have found the 'big' files in the download file under MAGIX... I must admit I find the MAGIX file location very haphazard but I am trying to make sense of it.!!   Meanwhile I will continue to transfer  and then burn to DVD's... Many thanks for each of you for your advice...very much appreciated. I will re-blog if things dont work out !