Video Capture

Williboy wrote on 4/23/2020, 3:24 PM

Using Rescue Your Videotapes latest version in Windows 10, it doesn't recognize the USB stick no matter what i do. When I look in the device manager in windows it tells me that no drivers have been installed for this device. Has anyone else had this problem? I think I should have got Roxio instead,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so fed up with things!!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/24/2020, 5:07 AM

@Williboy

Welcome to the Magix forums.

When you installed the software you should also have been asked to install the drivers for the USB dongle. They would almost certainly need to be the 64 bit version. Did you do this, ideally before you first plugged in the dongle?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Williboy wrote on 4/24/2020, 5:22 AM

Yes I did install the drivers before the dongle was plugged in but they were not recognized.

However I have now solved the problem. I switched the camera and microphone to ON in the windows 10 settings, then i went to my Magix account and downloaded the installation file and installed the programme; lo an behold I can now transfer my VHS stuff to my PC.

It appears that the disk supplied with the dongle has some kind of problem installing properly. So I would advise anyone with the same problem to do what I did.

A day has passed since I installed the downloaded file and it still works; hopefully that's it now

Cheers