Using the slideshow maker - how to transfer work in progress to another computer

johnphoto wrote on 8/14/2012, 10:59 AM

I  have two homes. I sometimes use the desktop in one location to work on a slideshow DVD and have failed to transfer my work back to another desktop even though I save the work in progress onto a CD. Any help on this? - much appreciated I Standard Vista system on Dell usinig Photostory 7 de luxe  

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 8/14/2012, 11:19 AM

Hello,

My understanding is that these applications when you are in "project" mode, are not really saving the content, but simply references to where the content is located until you actually export or burn the file.  So for example, you create a project on computer A using say 10 photographs and save it as "project 1" on computer A plus your save it as "project 1" on a CD.  Now you go to computer "B" where I assume that you have a second copy of PhotoStory, when you open your project file on computer B you probably get a message while the project is trying to load the original 10 files basically telling you they can't be found or something like that.  Is this true?  If not what happens when you try to open the project on the second computer?  We need to start with this information in order to proceed.