Upgrading to Magix 2025

robert-g wrote on 8/20/2024, 6:47 AM

I bought Magix Movie Edit Pro 2015. I am pretty sure the email provider i used in 2015 was www.excite.com. Well, Excite.com made theie email service a paid one and i didn't want to pay for an email address. So, I think Magix still has my purchase recorded under that now obsolete email address.

I want to upgrade my 2015 version to the 2025 version but i see Magix wants to know the email address i used when i purchased the 2015 version when i upgade. So how can i inform Magix that i need to use another email address to upgrade to the 2025 version. If i just use a different email to upgrade to 2025, Magix could reject the new email address. I also moved to a different location. So i am not sure how to get the 60% off discount for the 2025 upgrade in my situation.

What do i do?

The discount offer ends next week.

Thanks

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/20/2024, 10:31 AM

@robert-g

You can change your email address in your account. Go here, log in using your old email address (hopefully you can remember your account password!) go to User Data and update your email address. This will "transfer" all your account records to the new address and so enable you to buy at the upgrade price.

If you cannot remember your account password and so cannot log in you will need to email infoservice@magix.net with as much detail as you can remember about your account details (especially the old email address) and ask that they find your account and update its details. Once that is completed you can then go back to that account login page and use your new email address and the "I have forgotten my password" link to reset it.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

robert-g wrote on 8/20/2024, 3:34 PM

@robert-g

You can change your email address in your account. Go here, log in using your old email address (hopefully you can remember your account password!) go to User Data and update your email address. This will "transfer" all your account records to the new address and so enable you to buy at the upgrade price.

If you cannot remember your account password and so cannot log in you will need to email infoservice@magix.net with as much detail as you can remember about your account details (especially the old email address) and ask that they find your account and update its details. Once that is completed you can then go back to that account login page and use your new email address and the "I have forgotten my password" link to reset it.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for that helpful info.

Okay, i signed in using my old excite.com email address and password,

I changed my home address, and i changed the old excite.com email address to the new yahoo,com email address that i want to use.

Magix informed me that the second email address (yahoo.com) already exists. Hmm, okay.

So, i checked my files and i see that i did create that second (yahoo.com) email address already, years ago. I am not sure why i did that but i do see i bought Magix Movie Edit Pro 2015 with my excite.com address BUT i used the yahoo.com email address to enter and use the Magix forums.

I hope, now, everything is in order for a successful upgrade, I'll wait for your confirmation.

Thank you,

johnebaker wrote on 8/21/2024, 2:17 AM

@robert-g

Hi

. . . . Magix informed me that the second email address (yahoo.com) already exists. . . . i did create that second (yahoo.com) email address already, years ago. . . .

That would suggest that you created a second account,in which case you need to contact Magix by email to: infoservice@magix.net giving them details of both accounts, and which you want to use, asking them to merge the 2 accounts.

Under the Community rules multiple accounts is not permitted.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/21/2024, 2:18 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

robbiedaug wrote on 8/22/2024, 7:22 AM

@robert-g

Hi

. . . . Magix informed me that the second email address (yahoo.com) already exists. . . . i did create that second (yahoo.com) email address already, years ago. . . .

That would suggest that you created a second account,in which case you need to contact Magix by email to: infoservice@magix.net giving them details of both accounts, and which you want to use, asking them to merge the 2 accounts.

Under the Community rules multiple accounts is not permitted.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Hi John,

I contacted them to ask to merge the two email accounts and this is their response.

"Unfortunately, we cannot merge two customer accounts.
However, we can offer you to delete the customer account with the e-mail
@yahoo.com and to change the e-mail of the customer account
@excite.com to @yahoo.com"

I asked them to do it for me and they did. Success!

Thanks

emmrecs wrote on 8/22/2024, 8:26 AM

@robbiedaug @robert-g

Merging your two Magix (sales) accounts does not affect your account(s) here. So, since it appears you now have two accounts in this forum (which, as @johnebaker explained, is not allowed) please close/delete one of them or PM either John or me and tell us which one to delete and we can do it for you.

Thank you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

robbiedaug wrote on 8/22/2024, 1:56 PM

When i signed in just now, i used @yahoo.
Then, i went to to my profile and i see there is an option to delete it (that must mean this account).

Do i have two different log-in names? Do i have two yahoo log-in names?

Please, remember that the last time i was in the forums was almost 10 years ago when i had an excite.com email address. I am not accustomed to using this forum, at all. Right now, i feel very confused.

Thanks for your help

johnebaker wrote on 8/22/2024, 3:16 PM

@robbiedaug

Hi

Private Message (PM) sent re accounts. please reply to myself or send PM to @emmrecs .

Please stop posting your email addresses in the forum.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

robbiedaug wrote on 8/22/2024, 3:35 PM

Hi John.

I replied to your PM at 4:24 pm