Updates and Bugfixes Gone Quiet?

james-h wrote on 2/8/2023, 2:41 AM

Does anyone have any news on the current state of ACID? 11 has been released and it seems none of the reoccurring bugs have been eliminated. Also, I read somewhere about the engine needing an update. It hasn't changed since the earlier Sony versions, and sometimes opening subfolders in explorer takes a good few seconds of execute.

I love Acid and have done for 20 years, but really want it to be brought back up to speed and to be taken seriously, not just a nostalgia trip.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/8/2023, 2:56 AM

@james-h This is the last information we have gotten about the situation:

I've reached out to someone internal at Magix to see if we can get clarification, or a gesture of goodwill and get the bugfix back ported, or at least get confirmation of whether Acid Pro 10 is EoL so those of you on AP10 definitively know where you stand.

An update on how I see things within Magix.

The bug feedback thread was posted by the then Magix community manager, who left the organisation a few months back, which has left us moderators in a difficult spot. This was the second Redaktion in a few years, so read in to that what you will. As moderators we no longer have an official community manager point of contact or route for escalating issues - this the main reason I've been less active on the forums and considering rescinding my moderator role.

That said, us moderators do have A contact, and for now, at least, moderator-specific communication is good. By that I mean actual moderation of the forum. But product-specific communication, or requests for feedback etc is not so good. I do not know what's happening internally with Acid, for example. I'd love to be volunteer community product manager for Acid and get an open and transparent dialog going with the internal teams.. but I don't think that will happen.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/new-update-for-acid-pro-11--1311189/#ca1835972

Rednroll wrote on 2/14/2023, 5:28 PM

I wish you the best of luck. I used to love Acid Pro as well, used it since the initial 1.0 release and had high hopes for when Magix took her over. However, soon came to the realization that most of the Magix development seems to be focused around bundling software packages together and calling it a new release. It was a tough decision but finally moved on to another DAW which only has 2 developers working on it but is able to provide bug fixes and new features in release updates every 1-2 weeks.

I then decided to take things into my own hands and develop a user interface for that DAW to make me feel more at home.

Now I couldn't be happier and if I ever get that itch to use Acid, it's a simple rewire to my current DAW away.

Here's a couple images of the interface I created for that other DAW. I consider it an Acid Pro v30.0 sneak preview at Acid's current rate of development and bug fixing. 😉