Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/6/2019, 2:08 PM

I'm pretty certain the Acid Pro Suite is a paid upgrade to Acid Pro so not automatically available.

I'm not an Acid user but I know there is an active Beta program currently running which has featured quite a number of "new" versions, though I am not sure which ones have actually been fully released yet.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

brian-macarevey wrote on 2/6/2019, 2:45 PM

Maybe I'm confused by what this means, but it says the following on the Magix website about the Pro Suite Upgrade:

Here you can upgrade to the latest version here for a special price or extend your Update Service. Have your account registration information or the serial number for your software ready. 

Read more: https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro-suite/
Follow us: Google+| Facebook

Is this referring to some other update service, other than the 365? I'm also wondering, what am I actually getting out of 365 if not upgrades to the latest versions of Acid Pro???

johnebaker wrote on 2/6/2019, 3:00 PM

@brian-macarevey

Hi

The licensing of the software is based on a subscription basis, so long as you renew this annually you will always get patches and major upgrades, aka new versions.

If you do not renew the Update service (subscription) then your program version will not upgrade to the latest version.

You can still continue to use the program, however it will not be updated and, if you have to re-install, it will revert to the version number you had at the start of the last subscription year.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

sheppo wrote on 2/6/2019, 5:25 PM

Additionally, you can see the differences between AMS11, AP8, APSuite, and AP365 at the product comparison page.

Updates for the 365 version of Acid appear independently to Acid Pro, as they are technically different releases. If you check help -> about, what version do you see?

brian-macarevey wrote on 2/7/2019, 2:48 PM

Additionally, you can see the differences between AMS11, AP8, APSuite, and AP365 at the product comparison page.

Updates for the 365 version of Acid appear independently to Acid Pro, as they are technically different releases. If you check help -> about, what version do you see?

The version is 8.0.7

brian-macarevey wrote on 2/7/2019, 2:50 PM

@brian-macarevey

Hi

The licensing of the software is based on a subscription basis, so long as you renew this annually you will always get patches and major upgrades, aka new versions.

If you do not renew the Update service (subscription) then your program version will not upgrade to the latest version.

You can still continue to use the program, however it will not be updated and, if you have to re-install, it will revert to the version number you had at the start of the last subscription year.

HTH

John EB

So I double checked my receipt to make sure everything was right, and I purchased the 12 month plan for Acid 365 in May 2018. Now you're saying I should have received the upgrade to Acid Pro Suite, correct?

emmrecs wrote on 2/8/2019, 3:52 AM

@brian-macarevey

Now you're saying I should have received the upgrade to Acid Pro Suite, correct?

I'm sure John himself will reply but no, I don't think that what he is saying! As I understand it, Acid Pro 365 and and Acid Pro Suite are two different products, hence you cannot simply "update" from one to the other.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

brian-macarevey wrote on 2/8/2019, 4:12 AM

@brian-macarevey

Now you're saying I should have received the upgrade to Acid Pro Suite, correct?

I'm sure John himself will reply but no, I don't think that what he is saying! As I understand it, Acid Pro 365 and and Acid Pro Suite are two different products, hence you cannot simply "update" from one to the other.

Jeff

Hopefully, John will reply for himself, because I'm still confused about what "subscription" he is talking about. The only "subscription" I am aware of is 365, and I have that! So if there is some other subscription that I am not aware of, please identify it for me. Also, what am I paying for with 365 if I'm not actually getting updates and upgrades? On the web page for 365, it actually says "Always up to date with the latest updates, upgrades, patches and new features". Also, I understand that you are saying that they are different products, but what makes them different products? I looked at the comparison page and saw minor differences, basically only with what instruments and VST's you get. Other than that, they look like the exact same product to me--except Suite is apparently the latest "upgrade", which according to the advert for 365 should be included!

emmrecs wrote on 2/8/2019, 4:28 AM

@brian-macarevey

what am I paying for with 365 if I'm not actually getting updates and upgrades?

Your update service entitles you, from its inception, to 365 days of "free" updates to the specific program you originally bought, in your case, Acid Pro. This will include any "upgrade", i.e. brand new version of that same program which is released within the 365 days.

Acid Pro Suite is a different  program, albeit clearly related, but your subscription is not for the Suite.

HTH

Jeff

brian-macarevey wrote on 2/8/2019, 10:46 AM

@brian-macarevey

what am I paying for with 365 if I'm not actually getting updates and upgrades?

Your update service entitles you, from its inception, to 365 days of "free" updates to the specific program you originally bought, in your case, Acid Pro. This will include any "upgrade", i.e. brand new version of that same program which is released within the 365 days.

Acid Pro Suite is a different  program, albeit clearly related, but your subscription is not for the Suite.

HTH

Jeff

Thank you for your help so far! Excuse me if I'm being dense though (I hope I'm not being too annoying, I just want to make sure I'm getting this correct). So what your saying is that Acid Pro, Acid 365, and Acid Suite are three entirely "different" DAW "programs". They are "related" to each other, but they are not the "same program", and they are not upgraded versions of the same program?

browj2 wrote on 2/8/2019, 10:54 AM

EDIT: Acid Pro, Acid 365, and Acid Suite are the same program. The difference is in the number of instruments and addons - more with Suite, and the method of payment. See below.

Magix has confused things with, first the introduction of the 365 Update Service, now just called Update Service, and the name_of_program 365, like ACID Pro 365 and Vegas Pro 365. With the former, you get updates for 1 year, after which you can renew or not, either way, the program keeps running - but no more patches or updates if you do not renew. The Update Service is fully described by Magix. If you have to reinstall, for some reason and you have not renewed, the program will revert to the version that was available when you last paid - no updates from then onwards.

With ACID Pro 365, you pay as you go, either on a 3-month basis or 12-month basis. You can cancel out 1 month before renewal. If you do not renew, the program stops working. You will always receive any patches and updates to the program during the contract so that you are always up to date.

As you saw from the comparison table at:

https://www.magix.com/ca/music/acid/acid-pro/version-comparison/#c943663

ACID Pro 365 is not ACID Pro Suite. Suite includes more instruments and VSTs. That is why it costs more than just ACID Pro. The program itself is identical across all 3 versions of ACID Pro, it's just the instruments and plugins that make the difference. So, if there is an update to the program, users of all 3 packages should receive the update/patch at the same time. Normally, this pops up when you open the program, but sometimes not, and you have to check for updates. I do this routinely with all of my Magix programs.

As far as I know, Magix controls access to 365 through the Activation Code (this was mentioned somewhere by Magix when Samplitude Pro X4 came out with the new P3 activation codes). If you don't pay and your contract expires, the activation code becomes invalid. For the other 2 products, Suite and non-Suite, the activation code keeps on working forever because you bought the program outright.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 2/8/2019, 10:56 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

brian-macarevey wrote on 2/8/2019, 1:07 PM

EDIT: Acid Pro, Acid 365, and Acid Suite are the same program. The difference is in the number of instruments and addons - more with Suite, and the method of payment. See below.

Magix has confused things with, first the introduction of the 365 Update Service, now just called Update Service, and the name_of_program 365, like ACID Pro 365 and Vegas Pro 365. With the former, you get updates for 1 year, after which you can renew or not, either way, the program keeps running - but no more patches or updates if you do not renew. The Update Service is fully described by Magix. If you have to reinstall, for some reason and you have not renewed, the program will revert to the version that was available when you last paid - no updates from then onwards.

With ACID Pro 365, you pay as you go, either on a 3-month basis or 12-month basis. You can cancel out 1 month before renewal. If you do not renew, the program stops working. You will always receive any patches and updates to the program during the contract so that you are always up to date.

As you saw from the comparison table at:

https://www.magix.com/ca/music/acid/acid-pro/version-comparison/#c943663

ACID Pro 365 is not ACID Pro Suite. Suite includes more instruments and VSTs. That is why it costs more than just ACID Pro. The program itself is identical across all 3 versions of ACID Pro, it's just the instruments and plugins that make the difference. So, if there is an update to the program, users of all 3 packages should receive the update/patch at the same time. Normally, this pops up when you open the program, but sometimes not, and you have to check for updates. I do this routinely with all of my Magix programs.

As far as I know, Magix controls access to 365 through the Activation Code (this was mentioned somewhere by Magix when Samplitude Pro X4 came out with the new P3 activation codes). If you don't pay and your contract expires, the activation code becomes invalid. For the other 2 products, Suite and non-Suite, the activation code keeps on working forever because you bought the program outright.

John CB

Thanks for all of that. It was helpful. Now I am confused about 1 other thing though. :) When you said Acid 365 is "pay as you go". See, I purchased Acid Pro. Then, Magix came out with the 365 and claimed you'd get all of the updates, upgrades, etc. Now, you're telling me that if I cancel my 365, I won't have access to the program at all anymore??? Even though I paid for the product outright? This is actually why all of this is confusing to me. I upgraded to Acid Pro, then "upgraded" (or so I thought) to 365, and now it sounds like that was completely useless--I would've gotten the updates/upgrade regardless? And now, not only do I not get the newest version (which Suite is from my perspective) I would also lose access to the program that I paid for in full (and apparently, am still paying for, for no reason at all)? Something seems really off about this to me...

browj2 wrote on 2/8/2019, 1:50 PM

Hi Brian,

I doubt that you can have 2 versions of the same product on one computer, so do you have both Acid Pro 8 and Acid Pro 365 installed on one computer?

Do you have 2 activation codes, one for each?

Are you able to go into each program separately? If so, are they identical?

For the regular Acid Pro, which version do you have, 7 or 8? (I only have 7.)

If you purchased Acid Pro within the last year, then having both Acid Pro 8 and Acid Pro 365 (8) is redundant. That should be obvious by reading the Magix web site.

Again, with Acid Pro and Acid Pro Suite, you get updates and even new versions for up to one year from the purchase. If you are beyond the one year and have not paid to upgrade, meaning extending the Update Service, then you won't receive anything more for Acid Pro.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

emmrecs wrote on 2/9/2019, 3:26 AM

@browj2

Thanks for your recent posts, clarifying the difference between the "Update Subscription" and the "365" service.

Jeff

brian-macarevey wrote on 2/12/2019, 5:46 PM

Hi Brian,

I doubt that you can have 2 versions of the same product on one computer, so do you have both Acid Pro 8 and Acid Pro 365 installed on one computer?

Do you have 2 activation codes, one for each?

Are you able to go into each program separately? If so, are they identical?

For the regular Acid Pro, which version do you have, 7 or 8? (I only have 7.)

If you purchased Acid Pro within the last year, then having both Acid Pro 8 and Acid Pro 365 (8) is redundant. That should be obvious by reading the Magix web site.

Again, with Acid Pro and Acid Pro Suite, you get updates and even new versions for up to one year from the purchase. If you are beyond the one year and have not paid to upgrade, meaning extending the Update Service, then you won't receive anything more for Acid Pro.

John CB

I do have 2 activation codes. Only the Acid 365 is currently running.