Update and OpenGL Error

Fatih-Sipahi wrote on 2/22/2023, 4:14 AM

Hello,

I'm using Xara Web Designer Premium19 . When I was update to new version, It is giving OpenGL error and in my web site all "i" characters are deleting. When I remove and reinstall Xara Web Designer again (without update) it is not giving error and my web site working well.

Whats your update files problem?

Thanks,

Fatih Sipahi

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/22/2023, 5:39 AM

@Fatih-Sipahi

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and the update files are not ours.

The OpenGL error points to a problem with some aspect of the graphics installation on your computer, most commonly an out of date driver for whichever GPU you have.

So, before attempting to reinstall the update you should check whether the drivers for your CPU (especially if it has integrated graphics) and any separate GPU are fully up to date by visiting their manufacturers' websites. Don't depend upon Windows Update to check this for you.

If you need more help on this from fellow-users please tell us a lot more about your computer, especially exactly which CPU you have (include the manufacturer name and full model number) and, if you have a separate GPU, its manufacturer name and model number, as well as exactly which version and build of Windows you are currently running.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Fatih-Sipahi wrote on 2/22/2023, 6:55 AM

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for your information. My computer is;

CPU : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz   2.70 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Graphic Card : Internal Graphic Card --> Intel(R) HD Graphics

Would you help me please?

Thanks

Fatih-Sipahi wrote on 2/22/2023, 7:11 AM

And Windows 10 Pro , Version 21H2, 64bit

emmrecs wrote on 2/22/2023, 8:50 AM

@Fatih-Sipahi

Thank you for the additional information.

Two things stand out to me in your computer spec:

1. You are running an "old" version of Win 10. The latest is version 22H2. Yours is two full builds behind the latest.
  2. (And I suspect this is much the bigger problem for you, and may be the cause of the error message); Your CPU is considerably older than your Windows version! Checking its driver page here I see it has not been updated since June 2015, and is stated to be designed for Windows 7 and 8 but not, apparently, for Windows 10. Its integrated graphics are also very limited, in comparison with more modern units.

My suspicion, therefore, is that whichever update you downloaded requires a graphics facility that your current CPU cannot offer.

If I am correct I think you have two options:

1. Do not attempt to update WDP beyond the version you now have but continue to use it for as long as it and the computer work for you.
  2. Consider upgrading your whole computer, i.e., look to possibly buying a new computer if you wish to also upgrade to a later/the latest version of WDP.

Sorry to not be able to offer more positive news!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Fatih-Sipahi wrote on 2/23/2023, 7:24 AM

Thanks a lot Jess ..

Best Regards,

Fatih