Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/29/2018, 9:49 AM

@GaryLee

I see where folks say J-Bridge works but I'm not spending money on that.

Can I ask why? Although not an Acid owner/user I do use jBridge in other DAWs I run. A one-off payment of 14.99 Euros, or the equivalent wherever you live, seems to me a bargain price if one has 32 bit VSTs that are absolutely essential to run in a 64 bit environment.

I guess the only alternative (if that's the right word) is to buy/upgrade to the 64 bit versions of those vital plug-ins.

I have seen mention on this forum that Magix are at least considering integrating some sort of bridging software to allow Acid Pro 8 users to run 32 bit VSTs, but, in the meantime the only surefire method I know is jBridge.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

GaryLee wrote on 5/29/2018, 10:36 AM

You're correct, it's a bargain price if it works but I use Acid Pro on four different workstations on a daily basis. (Not exaggerating...I DO!) Not such a bargain if I have to buy four instances of J-Bridge. I might download the trial and see if it works. In the meantime I've downloaded some 64 bit plugins and will work with them for awhile. I might as well update my old self to 64 bit all-round. 😆

shintobi wrote on 5/30/2018, 4:33 AM

I went in to add fx to a midi and over half of them have gone into the "unavailable" folder. I think they all worked the other day, but no more. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? I'm using a windows PC.

Hey brian-macarevey,

which version of AP8 do you use or do you have both on your computer? (32/64) Try to force rebuild and check your paths in the VST Configuration window. Sounds to me like the architecture of the plugins doesn't match your working environment.

Best Regards,

\Tobi

andrew-baird wrote on 11/11/2018, 2:30 PM

I updated my Waves to version 10 and lost a lot of plugins. So I went to the plugin manager and pointed the pointer to a lot of various files, did a force reload but nothing worked. I finally tried pointing the pointer to the program file did a force reload scan and the tried to reload Acid. Now it won't load and instead crashes so I can't undo my problem solving. I tried deleting the whole program and doing a fresh install but the new install keeps pointing the plug in manager to the program file and crashing. I tried restoring my hard drive to a previous day but Acid still gets halfway launched and ten crashes. WTH. Any ideas are appreciated. What a waste of a great day for recording.

PhotonBoy wrote on 11/11/2018, 8:48 PM

Perhaps if you rename the higher level folder, so that you can launch AP8.

Then, add back half of the plugins. If it doesn't crash, you know it's in the other half. Add back half of whatever remains, and half again, until you isolate the troublesome plugins?

LooneyBinJim wrote on 11/13/2018, 3:11 PM

I have a similar problem.I have loaded my program and now every plugin i have 64bit program and 64 bit plugins last time i loaded up everything was fine.But today i have all my Plugins fx and Synths are now listed unavailable? why ? please help .I have noticed the old acid/vegas dx plugings are there but vst.

Tried scan rebuild but nope still nothing

Can you help ?

andrew-baird wrote on 1/13/2019, 10:45 PM

I got the program to begin working again but ended up with the same problem with Waves version 10 plugins not being found!! Magix says to get rid of the cache files but they are nowhere to be found. I can't open any of my waves plugins with AP8 and now a bunch are lost in sound forge too. I just want to write music not become an expert computer nerd. Any idea's would be appreciated. Waves says they don't support Acid Pro 8. But everything worked be fore updating