unable to install Indepdence 3.6

Grooveworker70 wrote on 10/2/2024, 7:01 PM

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here.. Just recently upgraded to Pro X8 suite...from X3.. I'm having problems installing the Independence 3.6 plugin using the main software download feature. I keep getting the message ''Insert the MAGIX independence Pro 3.3 VST Plugins disk '. I dont have the 3.3 version, since I've upgraded straight from samplitude X3 suite many years ago.

Does anybody know the workaround for this problem? I have emailed MAGIX customer support many days ago without a single reply. Would appreciate any kinda advice..

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/2/2024, 7:30 PM

@Grooveworker70 Did you contact proservice@magix.net ? The next couple of days are a national holidays in Germany, so you probably won't get an answer until next week, but maybe we can find a workaround here.

Maybe the problem is caused by a firewall or antivirus software which deletes the installer? Do you use something other than standard Windows Defender?

I think the installer files should be stored in the folder named C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager. Maybe you can run them manually without getting this error.

Grooveworker70 wrote on 10/2/2024, 11:39 PM

the prompt is asking me to run an older version of indepedence ie version 3.3 which I dont have.. as shown in the screenshot.. Would appreciate if anyone has 3.3 so that i can continue with the 3.6 installation...

Grooveworker70 wrote on 10/2/2024, 11:49 PM

I emailed them on the 30th sept.. not proservice@magix.net but prosupport@magix.net

@Grooveworker70 Did you contact proservice@magix.net ? The next couple of days are a national holidays in Germany, so you probably won't get an answer until next week, but maybe we can find a workaround here.

Maybe the problem is caused by a firewall or antivirus software which deletes the installer? Do you use something other than standard Windows Defender?

I think the installer files should be stored in the folder named C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager. Maybe you can run them manually without getting this error.

SP. wrote on 10/3/2024, 3:48 AM

@Grooveworker70 prosupport@magix.net is an invalid address.

proservice@magix.net is the correct one.

I've uploaded my 3.6 installer. Please try it from here: https://we.tl/t-YObmKiDNfB

Grooveworker70 wrote on 10/3/2024, 4:55 AM

tq..the email prosupport@magix.net was the one they use to reply to me stating the ticket has been raised..

tks for the upload.. i am actually looking for 3.3 since my download was halted because I don't have the 3.3 installer.. do you have to have the older 3.3 version?

SP. wrote on 10/3/2024, 5:34 AM

@Grooveworker70 Does my 3.6 still show the same error message? In case you still have an older version of Independence installed (from an earlier version of Samplitude), please uninstall it first.

prosupport@magix.ner only works when the support ticket is still open.

Grooveworker70 wrote on 10/3/2024, 5:38 AM

interestingly, your installer installs smoothly and the ProX8 host software is able to run it. Only when I tried to download via the host software, the installation comes to a halt asking for version 3.3 .. however, I got the plugin  i got from you to work nevertheless.. thanks !!