Troubles with Adding Music and Slow Motion

justin99 wrote on 8/25/2009, 6:49 PM
Hi. I have Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus and I am having troubles with adding music from Windows Media Player. I try to import the file but nothing happens. Do I need to convert it to a different file type? Also, I can't seem to figure out how to put video clips into slow motion. Could someone please explain. Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/26/2009, 10:42 AM
Hi there,

Changing the video playback speed: Highlight the video clip in question in your timeline and switch to the "Effects" tab of the Movie Edit Pro mediapool (the area in the upper right-hand part of the default editing screen). Proceed to the "Video effects" section and to the "Speed" sub section. This is where you will find the speed slider. If you need more extreme speed changes than initially available or if you want to reverse the video playback, it's necessary to ungroup the audio and video track first (CTRL+M keyboard shortcut).

As far as that import of audio files is concerned, what is the file format and how exactly do you go about the import? A variety of formats are supported (e.g. WAV, MP3 and OGG). You also just need to drag them into the arranger from the mediapool file browser. Keep in mind that DRM-protected WMA files are not supported.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 8/27/2009, 11:24 AM
Hi again,

You have to be in the "Edit" screen. That's where you will see the whole mediapool part of the screen, in which you will find the Effects/Video effects/Speed section I described.

If they're WMA and won't go into the program, you can be pretty sure that DRM-protection is the culprit here. Loading them in Windows Media Player might give you some information regarding licensing for that file. Conversion of the files to another (non-protected) format is not really legit. That's why MEP also doesn't import them. You might want to look for other sources as soundtracks, e.g. non-protected audio CDs or MP3 files.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 8/28/2009, 5:15 AM
Hi again,

It's not the "Effects" menu you need to use. It's the "Effects" tab in the mediapool. Have a look at my screen shot below. You will see the relevant part of the screen on the right-hand side, with the "Video Effects" => "Speed" sub section being open.

As far as that audio file import is concerned, how exactly do you go about that and how does it fail? That's not very clear yet. Possibly also just a usage-related issue. Make sure you're using the "Import" tab in the mediapool, browse to the location of your WAV file and drag & drop it down into the timeline.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 8/31/2009, 7:43 AM
Hi,

You definitely would have to be in the "Edit" screen for all of this. Make sure to switch to timeline view as well. It's the only really accurate way of editing. Once you are in the "Edit" screen and what you see doesn't really seem to match up with my screen shot and description, hit F9 on your keyboard to restore the default layout and make sure everything is complete.