troubles screen capturing

sdempsey wrote on 5/3/2009, 1:55 AM
I've been using the free trial downloadable version of Movie Edit Pro 15 PLUS, and I was using the screen capture with no problem. Now that I went out and bought the program, when I try to use screen capture now it says, "No recording devices have been found in your system."  All I did was install by storebought program and uninstalled the download version, and no I'm having problems.  Can anyone out there help me???  How do I fix this issue?  Thanks!

Comments

surtectim wrote on 5/3/2009, 10:43 PM
I am having this same problem with Movie Edit Pro 14 plus
ralftaro wrote on 5/7/2009, 11:00 AM
Hi,

This message will also come up if the audio driver cannot be interfaced properly. Make sure you have a functional and up-to-date audio driver. If you're doing video screen captures, you will usually want to record the audio that is being replayed via the stereo mix. However, especially under Windows Vista, you will have to enable the stereo mix for recording first. Have a look at the following instructions:

http://www.sagebrush.com/whatuv.htm

Make sure to carry out the illustrated part in the Sound/Recording settings, where you first need to turn on the display of all devices and then enable the "stereo mix" for recording. Then try again. Good luck!

Stev wrote on 6/1/2009, 12:16 AM
Hi raltaro,

I tried your link and did what was instrcuted. Still have problem w MEP 15. Any other advice?

Thanks
sidetracked wrote on 8/1/2009, 1:46 PM
PLEASE HELP! I am having the same trouble as sdemsey...when trying to use the screen capture, it says, "no recording devices have been found on your system" This is fully purchased software, movie edit pro 15 plus
Spark wrote on 8/24/2009, 9:58 PM
Unfortunately I have the same problem with version 14 plus, store bought. I've never had the eval version. It never worked. I read a magazine review and the reviewer complained of the same problem. I think we're out of luck until someone at Magix takes an interest. It's an advertized feature yet it doesn't work with the most basic device "the screen". Shameful.

Do you also run it on Vista, since that seems to be the problem? I installed it on my other box (XP) and screen capture seems to work (although there is a mess trying to get MPEG support because Magix insists on re-registering and doesn't take your Vista activation code). This is one of those cases where they are trying to fight piracy but end up hurting the people who paid for their product.

Poor QA - this should work in Vista on both V14 & V15. Come on Magix, issue a patch.