Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/28/2018, 3:36 AM

Hi.

I rather suspect there isn't one, I fear! This is the product listing page and this is the forum dedicated to Samplitude and Sequoia; I suggest you post your question there.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

robertNC wrote on 1/28/2018, 9:53 PM

sequoia uses a codemeter dongle, so I don't think they offer any trial, unless they ship it to you. PS: Samplitude Pro X3 has ~90% of Sequoia functionality, and you can demo that..

Sound_James wrote on 1/29/2018, 5:44 AM

Samplitude Pro X3 has ~90% of Sequoia functionality

If Samplitude Pro X3 has ~90% of Sequoia functionality, then what is the ~10% difference between Samplitude Pro X3 and Sequoia ?

robertNC wrote on 1/29/2018, 10:26 PM

Somebody had a comparison pdf at the samp/seq forum that emmrecs linked above; I think you'll need to register there to view it. Basically it has 4-point editing capabilities, advanced metering, more audio-for-video capabilities, an advanced crossfade editor, and maybe some additional low-level optimizations, but I'm not sure. It also has a trial-timeout version of the broadcast LC1 plugin. For pros in mastering, broadcasting and orchestral recording, the few extra elements are what justify its higher price.