Track plays despite MIDI moved!?

Kenneth-Knudsen wrote on 1/2/2023, 11:12 PM

HI

Sometimes, MIDI track has an annoying single note playing in the background.

This note persists playing on e.g. track 1 when moving the MIDI object onto e.g. track 2.

So basically track 1 keeps playing a single note tune despite being completely clear of objects.

???

Update:

This seems to happen only with some of my VST instruments - a small minority but honestly that just makes it weirder!?

Many tracks/VSTs will keep a tone if I move the MIDI object while its being played, but for most VSTs the tone disappears if I stop and restart playback, but for two so far (West coast Grammy and Church Organ), its like the tone has been recorded into the track itself and it keeps playing that tone even when stopping and restarting playback:

Also, putting the MIDI object back in place doesnt make the tone go away it just overlaps the MIDI playback

Thought it may have something to do with the Recording mode for the track automatically turning on when moving the MIDI object but after messing around with it - this doesnt seem to be the case...

Any help or info is appriciated

Thanks in advance

K'

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/3/2023, 6:53 AM

@Kenneth-Knudsen Moving the MIDI object while playing can cause a Note On event without the corresponding Note Off event. This means the note stays on. The MIDI editor should have a MIDI panic button. This will send a Note Off event for every note and it should help.

Kenneth-Knudsen wrote on 1/3/2023, 8:15 AM

HI @SP.

Thanks for the suggestion but sadly it doesnt seem to work.

Also its not only when I move the MIDI object while playing that a note gets stuck, sometimes I have played a bit of the track, stopped, moved object and upon starting playback a note keeps playing...

Its really weird

SP. wrote on 1/3/2023, 8:24 AM

@Kenneth-Knudsen If you stop playback before a Note Off event it might have the same effect. The only other idea I currently have would be setting the problematic track to no VST and moving the MIDI to a new track, then removing the old track.