Too Complicated

MOHAMMAD-ASHKANANI wrote on 2/21/2020, 12:38 PM

I don't know how to say this. I like doing photos slide show with music and the effects. During years I used several Apps to do that. They were are easy to follow the instructions. I like this program and I just used once and it is really very clear. I would like to learn it but I do not want to see the train is coming toward me instead of sky lights.

On the other hand this program seems to me completely different. Very complicated, instruction are not clear and adds more confusion and frustration. People that responds to customer services are very arrogant.

Thank you much,

Mo

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/21/2020, 1:56 PM

@MOHAMMAD-ASHKANANI

I'm sorry you are finding Photostory difficult to use. Perhaps, if you tell us exactly what you want to do, what you have tried and what does not work for you, one of we fellow-users may be able to offer advice and guidance to you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

MOHAMMAD-ASHKANANI wrote on 2/21/2020, 5:12 PM

Hi Jeff,😀

The only hobby that still is with me since my childhood is photography and I take a lot of photos and videos. I like to combine the still photos, videos and be able to create a videos create a beautiful shows.

I would like to thank you Jeff for your kind reply. I have faced these problems:

1. I like the Random transition effect for each photos.What I got the same transition applies for all of them.

2. I would like to add some music background. I read somewhere on this web page that if the music is shorter than the duration of the show the same music would play over and over again. If the music is too long then music would stop. I could not either of them.

3. I wanted to create a title page with no photos for the start and the end without being written on a certain photos. I could not find the instruction for that.

4. On their web page there are more products so if I just would like to make a photo slide shows with some still photos and some videos in the same show. What do I need to purchase?

That's all for now. I am sure I will have tons of more.

Thank you all for your help. I deeply appreciate that.

Mo :-)

emmrecs wrote on 2/22/2020, 9:29 AM

@MOHAMMAD-ASHKANANI

Thank you for your reply.

I can't answer all of your questions but what I can I will give below:

1. I think the "Random transition" effect is broken! At least I can't get it to do anything! Can you open a support ticket, via the "Support" link in the header of any forum page, linking your ticket to this thread.
  2. How, exactly, are you attempting to "add music". Just as an experiment, I used the Soundtrack Maker wizard with a slideshow I am just now working on; it added just the right amount of music to completely fill the show duration. If you are adding individual tracks of music you will almost certainly need to do some "editing" at some stage, perhaps of the last track, to ensure it ends with the end of your show. There is nothing, as far as I know, that will "automatically" repeat the same music over and over again, unless you specifically set out to do this.
  3. To create a title page without a photo behind it, make sure you are working in Timeline view, set your cursor at the beginning of the timeline, select the mouse mode highlighted in my screenshot below.

Place your cursor on the first slide and drag it to the right to create a space. Return your cursor to the very beginning, press on the "T" which you see to the left of the highlighted box in the screenshot. This will insert a title object, with the facility for you to type in whatever you want to write, using any font available on your computer, at whatever font size you wish, with any effects, etc., etc..
    Move your first image so that it directly touches the end of your title object and the show will begin with your title and then continue to your first picture.
  4. For simple shows that use slides, images, videos and music, Photostory is more than adequate. If you want to become a little more adventurous in your productions, the first "step-up" is really Movie Edit Pro. If you do decide to make this upgrade the recommendation is always to buy the Plus or, even better, the Premium variant. There are trial versions of all of them available to download at the Magix web site.

Finally, can I recommend looking at the tutorials in this forum dedicated to Photostory, here is a link to them.

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 2/22/2020, 9:31 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

MOHAMMAD-ASHKANANI wrote on 2/22/2020, 8:34 PM

JEFF,

I really don't know how to express my gratitude for such super and kind help. You made my day. Now I know that I have a source and the light at the end of tunnel is natural light and not the train. Now do not blame me, you asked for it. Please get ready for my Never Ending Questions 🙃

You made me happy.

Mo

emmrecs wrote on 2/23/2020, 4:25 AM

@MOHAMMAD-ASHKANANI

My pleasure! Happy slideshow creating!

Jeff