Third Party VST Effects

Phil-Huston wrote on 3/2/2023, 6:03 PM

This is not about instruments, but effects. I bought MusicMaker 2023 Premium on a whim. I'm not a noob to DAWS and how they work so please save all the "scan your folders" comments. I can't find any information on Non Magix VST effects not purchased in the store. Sort of like Soundpools but that's another discussion.

Again: Is it possible to load Third Party VST EFFECTS on tracks/busses in MusicMaker 2023 Premium?

Thanks!

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/2/2023, 6:52 PM

@Phil-Huston Yes, most third party VST effects work fine. But if you need special audio routing or MIDI routing features for them to work correctly they will not work because Music Maker doesn't have this advanced features.

Phil-Huston wrote on 3/3/2023, 8:34 AM

After receiving your quick response (thanks!) I knew they had to be somewhere. Part of it was impatience on my part as MMM is s l o w to respond to mouse clicks on a computer where everything else screams. I waited for the + sign on the effects loader and there at the very bottom of the drill down window were VSTs. Thanks again for the quick response.

SP. wrote on 3/3/2023, 8:47 AM

@Phil-Huston Is the GUI super slow in your case? This might be caused by some settings in Windows or by some other programs. Check out this thread: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/program-reacts-very-very-slow--1322438/

Phil-Huston wrote on 3/3/2023, 9:17 AM

Thanks once again. I checked the tips in the post you recommended and went through background programs. In my case, the culprit was Pro Writing Aid. I added it to the list on the other post.