The recording device does not support the current record format

Dennis-Golding3524 wrote on 9/19/2019, 5:41 AM

I have Windows 10 and have just bought "Rescue your videotapes V 6.0.2.31" from you (10th Sept 2019). Everything installed ok and the VHS recorder is connected to my HP Laptop (Pavillion) via the scart connector and USB device (model number K0065) in your package. As soon as I click "Start Video Capture" I get the error "The recording device does not support the current record format..." and am advised to change the settings. As a computer professional I would expect to know what to do but nothing is obvious. How do I know what settings to change and what they should be? It's a standard panasonic VHS player. The HP is a Pavillion Envy. What is the "recording device" that is referred to? If the recording device is your USB connector then why doesn't it work? UPDATE, I've just tried operating the software WITHOUT the MAGIX USB device plugged in and the same error comes up.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/19/2019, 9:32 AM

@Dennis-Golding3524

Welcome to the Magix forums.

First, you need to understand these are user to user forums, not a route to contact Magix support, so any response will come from other users only.

Second, a quick search of the video forum, using "rescue your videotapes" as the search term would lead to this page. Unfortunately, I don't currently have time to search all those listed posts but I'm pretty sure this question has arisen before and you should be able to find some assistance there, hopefully.

If not, please post back and include ALL the information requested in this pinned post.

Otherwise, you will need to raise a support ticket with Magix, which you can do via the Contact button in the footer of every forum page.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Dennis-Golding3524 wrote on 9/19/2019, 12:20 PM

I've made a discovery. You have to click the little circular refresh arrow against the devices as the Magix device isn't picked up automatically. I had two devices in the list which I didn't recognise and refreshing the list added Magix. It now works.

emmrecs wrote on 9/20/2019, 3:01 AM

@Dennis-Golding3524

Great to hear. Thanks for updating this thread.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam