Text Tool Freezes the program for about 5-7 minutes

Tami-Cernetic wrote on 7/1/2024, 11:58 AM

So, I've been using Xara Photo and Graphic Designer for about 20 years. Updating as they come along. I never had an issue. I couple of years ago I started having an issue with the program freezing or crashing for about 5-7 minutes on startup as soon as I tried to use the text tool. I use a Windows Surface Pro 7 and I don't know if it's a conflict with this system or what. I've asked before and never really gotten a good answer. My workaround is that as soon as I turn on my computer at the start of the day I open Xara and grab the text tool to force it to freeze and go through whatever it is it does and then it comes back online and it is fine the rest of the day or until I restart the program. Does anyone have any solutions for this recently??

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/1/2024, 1:12 PM

@Tami-Cernetic Install all pending Windows updates, update all graphics drivers. Maybe thats enough to get it running normally again.

Tami-Cernetic wrote on 7/2/2024, 12:20 PM

@Tami-Cernetic Install all pending Windows updates, update all graphics drivers. Maybe thats enough to get it running normally again.

Um, yeah, this has been happening for a couple of years. Everything is up to date.

emmrecs wrote on 7/2/2024, 2:22 PM

@Tami-Cernetic

Exactly which version of PGD do you have? And what is the spec of your Surface Pro? And which version and build of Windows?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam