text moving form Collages to other photos

wvonk wrote on 3/7/2014, 5:47 AM

"In my Photostory 2014 de luxe I provide most of the individual photos of my slideshow with text. At some places the text keep has moved to another photo after a while (Not sure if it is with saving or reopining of the project) I also noticed that mostly it happens with and near picture in picture collages. When I go over the photos again I see that some text has moved to 2 or 3 pictures in front. What can I do to keep the text fixed to the correct photo?

Comments

browj2 wrote on 3/10/2014, 8:38 PM

Hi,

I don't have 2014, only 2013. If there is a Group feature in 2014, which I doubt, then you can highlight the objects and group them. They will always move together. This feature is in Movie Edit Pro, but not in PhotoStory 2013. The feature is only available in PhotoStory in the Burn - edit mode, which will not help you.

For titles, I suggest that you create the titles at the end, after creating collages. As well, if you move objects on track one in order to insert something, the other tracks will not follow along if you have the Mouse mode for single objects highlighted. You would need to highlight/select Attach objects in all tracks in order for them to move together.

Thus, your title could get out of sync with the images. I doubt that the titles move due to opening and closing the program.

See below for the button to arm for moving all tracks together. This means the object that you are moving and everything below it and to the right of it will move together, including the titles.

Last changed by browj2 on 3/10/2014, 8:38 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

wvonk wrote on 3/11/2014, 5:19 AM

John

Thank you it sounds promissing. Will try the "attach objects in all track" button. It will take a while before I am sure.

I am a bit puzzled that you don`t have the group feature, because I had it also in the 2013 version. I am referring to the "picture-in-picture collage function whereby you can combine up to 9 photos in one picture?

Walter Vonk

browj2 wrote on 3/11/2014, 7:13 AM

Hi Walter,

The grouping function is to group two or more objects together, ones on the same track or on different tracks. The collage function is not quite the same thing, although it does create a group as you will see below. The collage is an effect that creates a new object on the timeline composed of images and effects. In PhotoStory, this shows up as a new object on track one that replaces the images that make up the collage. So if you have a 9 image collage, the 9 images will be replaced by 1 object, the collage. Photostory creates the group, but you do not have a grouping function to be able to add other members to the group.

In the following image from PhotoStory, you will see the collage on track 1 and the text on track 3. A group function would allow me to link the 2 objects together. If one is moved, the other would move with it. If there was another object on another track, I could also add it to the group. I could also group the collage, the title and the following 2 or 3 images together, and they would all move as a group. Unfortunately, the group function is only available under Burn - Edit so far as I can tell. I went through the Help manual.

The next image is from Movie Edit Pro (MEP). You will see at the top there are buttons to group and ungroup objects. I made a 3 image collage, and it shows up as a new object on track 1. What you do not see in PhotoStory is what you do see in MEP on tracks 6 through 13 - the actual composition with effects of the collage. In MEP, I can ungroup the collage and modify the make up. Or, I can highlight the collage (the other members of the collage automatically highlight), highlight the title that I created on track 14 (Ctrl+click), click on the Group icon, and they will now be linked together. And I can add additional members to group.

Thus, you are somewhat limited in PhotoStory to using the mouse mode "attach objects in all tracks" to move objects in order to insert a new object, without the downstream objects getting out of place.

Hope this helps.

Last changed by browj2 on 3/11/2014, 7:13 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos