Templates gone after fresh installation

David-Schmitz wrote on 1/25/2022, 6:14 PM

Hello everyone!

I do own Photo & Graphic Designer 16 Steam Edition for a while now and i am using it frequently. Unfortunately i had to do a clean installation. Now all the standard templates are gone (even the ones i usually had when i started). Majority of those i could replace by manually downloading them from the internet, but now i just figured that fonts and effects are missing too. For those i couldnt find a place to download.

Is this a known issue or does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Dave

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/26/2022, 3:43 AM

@David-Schmitz

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Since you are using the Steam edition of PGD I think this is something you must ask Steam Support about.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

David-Schmitz wrote on 1/26/2022, 5:37 AM

Thank you. I will follow this advice and update this post if it lead to a solution.

David-Schmitz wrote on 1/30/2022, 3:57 AM

@emmrecs Hey! As promised, i'm back. :-)

I had a few days chatting with steam support. Unfortunately, no results. They say it's an issue with magix itself and they cannot help me.

Hey Ark,

thanks for the advice. I tried the listed steps with no result so far:

Check Drivers for whole system, everything is up to date
Clear Download Cache,
Deactivate Firewall
Deactivate Anti Virus
Scan for Errors of my Hard Drive (no results)
Scan RAM for Errors (no results)
Verify Local Files

-

Deinstall Game and reinstall Game on a different Drive

-

Another fresh installation back on the original drive and folder. Tried verification of local files again.

The issue is still there: All templetes are completely missing. Any more ideas?
Starting to become a little desperate and cant even think of more possible solutions so i hope you guys have another idea.

Thanks in advance, bist regards,
Dave

Nachricht des Steam-Supports vom 30. Jan. um 5:45 | vor 5 Stunden

I apologize for the delay.

It looks like you were able to install and play Photo & Graphic Designer 16 Steam Edition.

The templates issue you are describing seems to be an issue with the game itself. Unfortunately, because this title was not developed by Valve, we here at Steam Support do not have the tools or insight to effectively troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing.

I suggest reaching out to their support team, as they should be able to help you out with this issue. 

https://help.steampowered.com/wizard/HelpWithGameTechnicalIssue/?appid=961990

If you have any other questions, please let us know - we're happy to help.  

Steam Support
Lexie C

I really hope you guys have another idea because i'm completely stuck at the moment...

Thanks in advance, Dave