Tagging pictures

Ellen-McEvoy wrote on 10/22/2018, 9:26 AM

I am brand-new to Magix. I have many old family pictures I've scanned, plus contemporary pix on various media. The scans are all tagged, usually with multiple tags, like 1940/Mom or Cats/Wellsie. The software they are tagged with is no longer available so I hope to import them to Magix. I think I see how to import into a specific folder, like "1940" -- but can I make sub-folders?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/22/2018, 10:13 AM

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Short answer, yes, though you really should create those sub-folders on your hard drive and populate them with the appropriate image files before you attempt to point Photo Manager at them.

Photo Manager itself will not put your image files into any directory for you; the program is, essentially, a database containing details of each image and where it is currently stored. IOW, it does not "import" your pictures anywhere, it merely records where they currently are. So, if you delete or move any image, unless you tell Photo Manager to re-index your image folders it will not be able to "find" any of those images and will report them as "missing", I think.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam