Support links are redirecting me to Forum instead. Serial Number prob

Eleyan wrote on 11/22/2023, 6:26 AM

From within the magix program my serial key number is not being recognised, it's the same one I copied and pasted from service area where all my bought software for Magix 2021 etc is.

The error message says:

RESTEASY003210: Could not find resource for full path: https://api.magix-iap.com//codo/http/login?mandant=magix&language=en-US&prodCountry=US&prodShort=mm29&pHash=Kv4004e2qUFrpJ4O It was doing a similar message when I was trying to download free soundpools, but it hasn't accepted my serial number so why would it download them anyway before that happens.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/22/2023, 6:49 AM

@Eleyan For Music Maker 2021 and newer versions you simply install the Free Edition from Magix.com and login with your e-mail and password. It's not necessary to enter the serial number a second time.

Besides that, there could be server problems at Magix, so the program can't connect correctly. But I can't test this at this moment.

To contact technical support click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket.

Eleyan wrote on 1/2/2024, 11:00 PM

Yeah it happened again after a motherboard and cpu change, and I had this comment from you to remind me. Thanks again, SP.

Vio wrote on 3/20/2024, 4:54 PM

Hi!

I just recently performed a store cleanup in my MMM 2021 (with premium) and after that I can't activate nor login with my Magix account since the application only presents the dialog "RESTEASY003210: Could not find resource for full path: https://api.magix-iap.com//codo/http/login?mandant=magix&language=..." and remains in "free mode" with all the limitations like 8 track etc.

I really hope this is only temporary and I've filed a support request to Magix regarding this too.

Pernas wrote on 3/21/2024, 1:29 AM

I’ve seen this too that the activation/store-backend for products like 2021 appears to be gone and leaving the SW crippled for all future to come. I really wonder if this was pre-announced in any way except for all the emails sent from Magix trying to lure you into the next “even better” version?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the terms for the MMM software appears to be one year of support after activation and even if 2021 is rather old now it shouldn’t be “disabled” like this so soon?

johnebaker wrote on 3/21/2024, 2:43 AM

@Pernas, @Vio

Hi

. . . . the activation/store-backend for products like 2021 appears to be gone and leaving the SW crippled for all future to come. . . .

The software has not been 'crippled' or 'disabled' by Magix, versions going back 10 years continue to work with the proviso that they are compatible with the version of Windows and hardware they are installed on.

If you are using a Password Manager it may no longer be able to connect to the authentication servers, the RestEasy error message is a web server access failure which can be caused by the requested web address or in this case the login routines being offline, or password manager failure to connect or provide the correct credentials.

Do a full restart of your computer - Windows button, Power icon, Restart not a Shutdown/Power off

Check you can login in to your account at magix.com, if you are using a password manager do not use it, and view your products purchased.

Start Music Maker and login, again if you are using a password manager do not use it.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Pernas wrote on 3/21/2024, 3:20 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, I just tried a fresh MMM 2021 install on another computer and the software really has been crippled from all premium functions and the Magix support just confirmed that in a ticket with the following response:

”Sorry to hear about this issue. That older version 2021 (generation 29.x) of Music Maker you just reinstalled is no longer able to connect to our back-end system for the in-app store, due to a technical changes on the end of the servers. Since the in-app store system plays such a central role in the context of Music Maker, this will limit you a lot with regard to how you can use the software and make certain paid features and contents unavailable to you.”

I guess this wasn’t common knowledge and is bad nevertheless.

Regards,

Per

johnebaker wrote on 3/21/2024, 4:15 AM

@Pernas

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, that is something that is not common knowledge and is definitely not good news.

This details one of the possible reasons I gave for the error - a web server access failure.

I wonder if that also applies to older versions that do not have the Store tab and need to connect to the authentication server.

Added: try downloading Music Maker 2024 free and login with your email and password. It should activate and run using the 2021 serial number and provide the features you had in 2021 - you may have to re-install them.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/21/2024, 4:30 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 wrote on 3/21/2024, 5:48 AM

@Eleyan

Hi,

Disconcerting, but understandable, I guess, as Magix has made improvements to the Store on both the server end and the program end.

As @johnebaker says, just download and install Music Maker 2024 from Magix.com. It's free. Editions are not free. Upon installing, you will be asked to log in. Do so. The program will recognize your previous purchases of Editions and display them on the Welcome screen. Everything that you had will be there and more. Some new features will be unlocked, and some may need to be downloaded and installed from the Downloads window. There may be some things showing Update as Magix has updated some Soundpools and Instruments over time. There may be an update to download and install which you can do before going to the Downloads window.

MM2024 is a much improved version of the program, with many bugs fixed and new features and tools added. Again, it's free. There is no need to purchase Premium Edition 2024 unless you want features that have been added since 2021.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 3/21/2024, 6:09 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 3/21/2024, 7:47 PM

@Pernas Interestingly, it seems my version of Music Maker 2020 (the version before 2021) seems to connect fine to the Magix in-app-store. I logged out, reset the program settings and can login back as usual. That's odd.

Pernas wrote on 3/22/2024, 1:13 AM

@SP. That’s interesting, maybe the 2021 was an odd bird in that regard. For now we’re adapting to the MMM 2023 recommendation since it’s the last version with full UI localisation for more languages compared to the 2024 which matters a lot at home ;)