Strange audio problems in Movie Edit Pro 15 Please Help!!

theduke wrote on 9/12/2009, 11:30 AM
Hi All

I have just joined this site, hello to you all, I hope that this finds you all well.

I am having a real nightmare editing a video in Movie Edit Pro 15. I have worked on the project for the last two weeks and all of a sudden the audio is playing back distorted. Even stranger is that if I play back one clip it will sound fine then I will move along the timeline and click on another it will sound terrible. Now if I go back and click on the first clip that sounded fine it now sounds terrible. There does not seem to be any pattern to this. Also clips seem to sound bad if I move anything on the timeline or insert a transition. It is driving me mad and I have only 1 week left to get this video finished. I have been through all the preferences and can't for the life of me work out why this is happening. Video plays back fine.

I have An Intel Dual Core 2.33Ghz Processor
Windows 7 64bit
4Gb Ram
Nvidia 8600Ggts Graphics Card
1 Tb Samsung Spinpoint Drive

I would be so grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to rectify this. I hope that is is something simple that I may have done. Oh I meant to say that if I start a new project the audio is the same so is this a settings issue or is my system now causing problems? As I said earlier I have been working on this project for 2 weeks without a problem including burning out to DVD with perfect audio.

Kind Regards

The Duke

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 9/15/2009, 6:14 AM
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. This sounds like it would either be a specific sound driver issue (which also shouldn't show up in the rendered result) or something specific to the source video material you're using and its decoding. So, more information about the latter might be interesting.

As far as the sound driver is concerned, you might want to try this: Press "P" on your keyboard to get into the playback settings of Movie Edit Pro. Switch around between the two different driver architectures (Wave and DirectSound) in the sound driver section. For DirectSound make sure that the actual driver name of your sound hardware appears in the drop-down list. Check and see how the different settings affect the audio playback in the program.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this version of Movie Edit Pro isn't necessarily fully compatible with Windows 7 yet. Make sure to at least run it in Vista or XP compatibility mode. You sound driver needs to be up-to-date and generally compatible with Windows 7 as well. Whatever sound hardware it is that you're using, check whether that is the case and get the newest driver from the manufacturer.

Good luck!