Static noises while editing

SMAX wrote on 7/30/2009, 12:03 PM
Hi,
I got myself the Magix Video Deluxe 15 Premium, the same as movie Edit Pro 15 Plus, but in german speaking countries.

Anyways, I'm editing and dragging clips into the timeline, and when it comes to playback, individual clips play a black screen and give out this horrible static noise. I tried re-importing the same clip, and such, but nothing works out.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 7/31/2009, 3:01 AM
Hi,

What's your source material (file format, video codec, origin)? Maybe you can upload a sample file here. Could be a codec issue, but without knowing anything about your source material, it's not possibly to say anything more specific.

SMAX wrote on 7/31/2009, 3:49 AM
Its a simple AVI file. I have a camera that captures video onto a SDHC card. Nothing HD material or all of that. I did figure out though, that most files that I had were either shortened in the process of putting them into the media pool. Re-importing them seemed to work. Ill keep this up to date if anything else happens
ralftaro wrote on 7/31/2009, 4:05 AM
Just for the record, there's no such thing as a "simple AVI file". In fact, that's probably the kind of file where matters get most complicated, since AVI is a container format. It could contain a wide  variety of different audio and video codecs. There's a sheer endless supply of DirectShow compliant codecs that can be used here, including many obsolete or obscure ones. Plus the entire DirectShow framework itself is rather complicated and gives a lot of room for potential problems. You'd have to use a codec analyzer tool like GSpot to ascertain what codec is being used in your files, whether it's installed on your system and what filters are involved in the import process on your particular system.

Glad if you already found a way to sidestep the problem, as these issues tend to be pretty tricky.  :-)