Sound pools/loops have disappeared

Ron-Coutts wrote on 6/19/2022, 5:49 AM

Hi Guys,

as the title suggests, all the soundpools/loops have vanished. I'm running WIndows10 and MMM 2022 Premium. And they were all there last week. The folder containing them hasn't moved and all the files and folders are still there and intact.

I tried adding them using the 'Options' icon next to the Soundpools tab and selecting "Add New Soundpools". It gave me the option of selecting the relevant folder, started scanning (and from previous experience in adding Soundpools in this manner I could see it was scanning/adding way too fast). Once it finished the scan, the Soundpools Tab was still empty.

So I went into preferences and selected "Rescan Soundpools". This appeared to be working, the soundpools were at least showing up in the Tab, but once the rescan was finished as soon as I selected a soundpool, the entire list just vanished.

I can open existing projects and everything loads and plays just as it should, but the Soundpools Tab remains empty.

No doubt it's a simple fix (fingers crossed), but does anyone have any suggestions??

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

Diana-Lee wrote on 6/19/2022, 5:59 AM

I have the same problem. All gone and cannot find them anywhere!

SP. wrote on 6/19/2022, 6:20 AM

@Diana-Lee @Ron-Coutts You can try to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu. Then try to re-scan all your Soundpools again.

Ron-Coutts wrote on 6/19/2022, 10:21 PM

Thank you for your input @SP, unfortunately it didn't work 😞 The same result as Rescan Soundpools.

Ron-Coutts wrote on 6/19/2022, 10:24 PM

For the record, I just did a full uninstall and reinstall and as expected, that fixed the problem. However, if anyone else has had a similar problem and managed to fix it without have to uninstall/reinstall by all means let me know,

idonno wrote on 4/30/2023, 4:02 PM

For the record, I just did a full uninstall and reinstall and as expected, that fixed the problem. However, if anyone else has had a similar problem and managed to fix it without have to uninstall/reinstall by all means let me know,

Fun and games! I have just had this very same problem. Unfortunately uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work for me. I have spent hours trying to resolve this. I did start to receive assistance from support.

It was only when I went to use a totally unrelated program this evening (running Windows 10) that I realised why I was having problems. That program wouldn't work correctly either and I found its folder was set to 'read only'. I then thought, surely not, as I moved on to the Music Maker folder. C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Music Maker Again, that too was set to 'read only'. Unchecked the 'read only' box and ...all is good again. Soundpools and instruments are all back where they should be. I'll go play!

browj2 wrote on 5/1/2023, 9:45 AM

@idonno

Hi,

It's good to know that your solution worked. ProgramData should not be "Read only." This is not just for Music Maker.

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Music Maker

I hope that your Soundpools are not located there. They are supposed to be in a public folder, not associated with any program files. Look at the location of Soundpools in the program settings under the folders tab. Unless you changed it, it should be:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools

@Ron-Coutts

Hi,

I see that you have Music Maker 2022. You may want to upgrade to 2023. It's free, nothing to buy. Only add-ons, like an Edition are not free and you don't need a Plus or Premium 2023 Edition to use Music Maker 2023.

Watch this in which you'll see that I upgraded to MM2023 but still had Premium Edition 2022.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

idonno wrote on 5/1/2023, 10:32 AM

The Soundpools are where you say they should be. I suspect it was the reason they could be read i.e. the folder wasn't set to 'read only' but with the Music Maker folder set to 'read only', the data or whatever it writes couldn't be saved, hence the disappearing act.