Sorting pictures in a Slideshow by Date of Acquisition rather than Filename

fameng wrote on 11/2/2012, 2:18 AM

How do I sort pictures in a slideshow by date of acquisition rather than filename?  The pictures have already been sorted correctly in Windows XP, but Magix rearranges them according to filename.  The problem arises as I combine pictures from several cameras in a slideshow.

Comments

terrypin wrote on 11/2/2012, 6:33 AM

I don't have PhotoStory, but one work around would be to do as I do for all my photos. I rename them all immediately after downloading from my camera so that they are prefixed with the date and time taken. For example, 20121030-1234-Brighton.jpg was taken at 12:34 on 30th October 2012. That makes subsequent organisation much simpler.

If the pictures are not photos or don't have EXIF data then the prefix could be Modifed Date.

There are many free and commercial file renaming programs. I use Bulk Rename Utility.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Last changed by terrypin on 11/2/2012, 6:33 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

wtallie816 wrote on 11/10/2012, 4:36 PM

If you click Shift View in the right hand corner of the pictures.  It looks like the left paragraph indention.  Change it to details.  You'll now see Modified and Recorded on.  Click either one to get the desired sorting.