slide advance by remote during presentation

doennem wrote on 9/18/2012, 6:49 PM

I'm planning to make a presentation of a number of photos on a DVD. Some transition effects beetwen slides would be nice. I'n not planning to add a music track, that would complicate this. In some of the audiences I plan to show this to, there will be discussions and questions on some of the photos. I therefore need to be able to control when the slide show andvances to the next image. Preferably with back- and forward buttons on the DVD-player remote control. This way, I could also easily jump back to the previous image if necessary, and in some cases jump fast forward advancing 2-3 images that is not of interest for this audience. Can this be done? Standard ord DeLuxe version of Photo Story?

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 9/19/2012, 12:07 PM

Hi,

I am not sure which version of PhotoStory you have.  What you need is to be able to do is  set scene markers for your output DVD burn so that on the DVD remote you will be able to use the "next" or "skip" function.  Version 11 MX Deluxe from what I can see on the specs will do this.  Trying to do it with chapter markers would be cludgy and cumbersome.  Some of the DVD authoring sofware will allow you to do this as well so that would be something to consider.

Good Luck!

doennem wrote on 9/19/2012, 3:06 PM

Thank you, gandjcarr. I have not yet bought the software, so it will eventually be the latest version of PhotoStory. I will look into your advices, appreciate your tips. (Have some ofter Magix software, and satisfied with them).

johnebaker wrote on 9/22/2012, 5:47 AM

Hi

How many photos are there?

How long is each one to be displayed on the screen?

Do you have a projector and laptop or computer available at the venues?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/22/2012, 5:47 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

doennem wrote on 9/22/2012, 1:09 PM

Hi johnebaker. Unformatunately, if a laptop/projector was available there, I would use Powerpoint or any ohter PC image software. At this place, only av TV-set and a DVD-player is available. And the TV has no USB or SD-card reader. So I must burn the pictures to av DVD. Btw, maybe the DVD-player has a .JPG image-viewing function.. I must check this out. But a CD made with Magix PhotoStory would give me elegant transitions etc. (Now I got an idea -, a laptop with HDMI output would solve the problem.... I must check this..). Thanks.