Comments

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 10/25/2018, 12:57 AM

How does it not act the same way? I will try to reproduce the problem on my system. please ... need a few more details ..... ?

Thanks,

Will

sheppo wrote on 10/25/2018, 1:33 AM

In all honesty over the years I've not used Simple Delay that much, because it always seemed a bit rubbish to me. very little flexibility. But yeah, it does feel a bit worse (if that were possible), in that it does 2 echos only. But maybe it always did that, and that's why Multitap Delay existed - although the lack of a tempo lock there also made it pretty much worthless.

Anyway, if I were you I would use the newer delay plugin that is included in Acid Pro 8. eFX StereoDelay. which I find to be a lot more user intuitive and more importantly better sounding. There are some mono presets availabile too if you really don't want the stereo aspect of it.

djepik wrote on 10/25/2018, 9:55 AM

How does it not act the same way? I will try to reproduce the problem on my system. please ... need a few more details ..... ?

Thanks,

Will

So I would have a small snippet of a song .. that I would want a delay on.. and let's say the snippet is about half a bar .. and in Acid Pro 7 ... the Multiple Delay would trail passed the snippet.. however in 8.. once it goes passed the snippet.. the echo FX completely stop.. and it doesn't trail.. I hope that makes sense.

In all honesty over the years I've not used Simple Delay that much, because it always seemed a bit rubbish to me. very little flexibility. But yeah, it does feel a bit worse (if that were possible), in that it does 2 echos only. But maybe it always did that, and that's why Multitap Delay existed - although the lack of a tempo lock there also made it pretty much worthless.

Anyway, if I were you I would use the newer delay plugin that is included in Acid Pro 8. eFX StereoDelay. which I find to be a lot more user intuitive and more importantly better sounding. There are some mono presets availabile too if you really don't want the stereo aspect of it.

Thanks so much man.. I will give this one a shot.